Electrical Engineer Level III
Reports to: Project Engineer, Project Manager, Engineering Department Head and/or Principals and Office Manager
The following are the position responsibilities and skills including but not limited to:
· To have this title, you must be accomplished and be competent as a Electrical Engineer Level II, as well as the following additional responsibilities:
· Perform all engineering functions autonomously
· Operates as project engineer, which is defined as managing medium to large size projects, with other reporting to this person. Functions as the secondary project manager when required to lead the electrical project team and coordinate with the primary project manager.
· Prepare fee proposals with the support of the Principal in charge.
· Provide leadership to all staff members
· Actively participate and pursue business development
· Self sufficient project engineer, develops systems diagrams, writes project narratives in early project development
· Establish project schedule and production with assistance of the primary project manager
· Obtain fee budget from Office Manager/Accounting
· Responsible for keeping on budget and demonstrate profitability on a consistent basis
· Comprehensive engineering knowledge of power, lighting, tele/com/data integration and fire protection systems
· Comprehensive knowledge principles of grounding systems
· Comprehensive knowledge of the National Electrical Code (NEC)
· Comprehensive knowledge of basic fire alarm protection systems
· Develops and maintains client relationships and contacts
· Generates failure analysis studies and point of failure for redundant systems
· High level of proficiency level of data/telecom integration, including writing specification of materials, components, network architecture and emerging technologies of automation systems etc.
· Comprehensive knowledge of specialty fire protection systems, including pre-action controls systems, ultra low density particle detection, etc.
· Comprehensive knowledge of power quality, including harmonics
· Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of emergency power systems and UPS systems
· Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of lightning protection systems
· Complete coordination studies
· Preferable background in design for healthcare, higher education, bio-pharma, industrial project types.
Electrical Engineer Level III, continued
· RCDD and IT/AV design background a plus.
· Assume responsibility for improving the profitability of the company from innovation of operational practices, e.g. automation of repetitive task without loss of quality of purpose of task
· Demonstrate on a regular and consistent basis to the principals and senior management a willingness to take on additional responsibilities and improve the company as a whole
· Offering ideas and willing to participate and get involved, e.g. not just show up and do the minimum
· Contributes to in-house training/education efforts
Minimum Experience, Education and Training Required:
Has successfully and consistently performed at a high level of proficiency as a Level II engineer for a period of not less than five years, must be licensed or pursuing registration for Professional Engineer in the state of where the employee works. Has become highly technically proficient in at least one specialty area, e.g. data integration, etc