Andrology Lab Tech (Fairfax & Fair Oaks)
Shady Grove Fertility Fairfax, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Enjoy what you do while contributing to a company that makes a difference in people’s lives. Shady Grove Fertility, one of the premier fertility centers in the United States, continually seeks experienced, compassionate, and dynamic team players who are committed to delivering exceptional patient care to join our growing practice. The work we do, building families, offers stimulation, challenge, and personal reward.
If you're a Andrology Laboratory Technician looking for a new opportunity to work in a fast-paced, professional environment where your talent contributes to changing people’s lives, then we want to talk to you. This position requires collaborating with physicians, other medical providers, and patients by providing nurse case management services for fertility treatments.
We have an immediate opening for a full-time Andrology Laboratory Technician to join our team at our Fairfax/Fair Oaks VA office. The schedule is working 7:00 am - 3:30 pm Monday - Friday with two days in Fairfax and 3 days in Fair Oaks, VA. Weekends will be required every 6 weeks as well as two holidays per year.
How You'll Contribute:
We always do whatever it takes, even if it isn’t specifically our “job.” In general, the Andrology Laboratory Technician is responsible for:
- Shipping, receiving and disposition of frozen samples
- Ordering and receiving lab supplies
- Examine and process specimens for routine semen analysis
- Perform counts for concentration and motility, perform histological techniques for identifying leucocytes, immature germ cells and morphology
- Process semen for ART procedures and intrauterine inseminations (IUIs)
- Perform semen cryopreservation
- Assure proper sample collection, delivery and identification (chain of custody)
- Perform daily/monthly quality control procedures for media and equipment used in the Andrology laboratory
- Perform covid testing on samples
- Assist laboratory personnel in performing lab services in accordance with Federal, State, and local laws and guidelines to ensure laboratory maintains accreditation
What You'll Bring:
- Minimum of one year laboratory experience
- Experience in a chemistry analyzer strongly preferred
- Bachelors' degree in biology science or related field; MLT ASCP certification or equivalent
- Tissue culture experience and/or semen processing a plus
More important than the best skills, however, is the right person. Employees who embrace our mission, vision, and core values are highly successful.
What We Offer:
- Competitive pay + bonus
- Comprehensive training
- Medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) matching
- Generous paid time off and holidays
- Retirement plan
- Tuition assistance
- Ability to make an impact in the communities we serve
At Shady Grove Fertility, we promote and develop individual strengths in order to help staff grow personally and professionally. Our core values - Empathy, Patient Focus, Integrity, Commitment, and Compassion (EPICC) – guide us daily to work hard and enjoy what we do. We’re committed to growing our practice and are always looking to promote from within. This is an ideal time to join our team!
To learn more about our company and culture, visit here.
How To Get Started:
To have your resume reviewed by someone on our Talent Acquisition team, click on the “Apply” button. Or if you happen to know of someone who might be interested in this position, please feel free to share the job description by clicking on an option under “Share This Job” at the top of the screen.
Shady Grove Fertility
HealthcareView all jobs at Shady Grove Fertility