Shadow Systems is a manufacturer of high-precision custom firearms and firearms components. We are currently seeking a Quality Inspector who is willing and ready to be a hard-working team player in a rapidly growing company.
This is the person we are looking for:
A self-motivated and reliable person who can learn quickly, follow the instructions of the operations lead, and think outside the box. We need someone with a strong work-ethic who believes in high-quality work and can work unsupervised at times. Reliability and attention to detail are critical to success in this role.
Additionally, the following job skills are basic requirements of this role:
Inspect Shadow Systems machined components, completed firearms, and incoming items from suppliers to stringent quality standards in an efficient manner.
Essential duties and Responsibilities: (Other duties may be assigned)
· Perform visual cosmetic inspections using the naked eye and under magnification
· Perform dimensional inspections utilizing basic hand inspection tools or more advanced measurement devices: calipers, micrometers, pin gauges, etc.
· Identifies defects and assists in tracing to the root cause of the problem
· Ability to read and interpret blue prints
· General understanding of firearms component names and functions
· Ability to make constructive recommendations to production team for quality improvement
· Willingness to perform duties outside the traditional quality inspector role in support of production team (up to and including assisting on the production line.)
· May determine allowable variations in quality finish.
· Maintain the inspection work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition
· Report defective parts or questionable conditions to leadership
· Document quality issues in writing using Microsoft Office tools (Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
· Maintain knowledge of QC requirements and procedures to ensure proper disposition of nonconforming parts
· Maintain a high level of safety in and around the inspection area
· Communicate relevant information and issues to management
· Be on-time and come to work reliably
· Ensure compliance with legal and company ordinances in his/her areas of responsibility
Qualifications/Basic Job Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed herein are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified employees or applicants with disabilities.
Competency: The following competencies are critical to success in this role.
· Ability to pay close attention to details
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
· Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma or a GED.
· Experience as an owner or user of firearms
· 1-2 years minimum experience in the inspection of machined components is preferred
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified Employees and Applicants with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the responsibilities of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
· Stand, walk, stoop and bend
· Use fingers and hands to assemble products
· Ability to see small details
· Lift and move boxes with an average weight of 40 lbs. but a maximum weight of 60 lbs.
· Personal safety protective equipment is required.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday with core hours of 8:30-5:30.
Shadow Systems provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. Employment decisions at Shadow Systems will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Shadow Systems does not discriminate in employment decisions, opportunities or practices on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and parenting status), age, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility forms upon hire.
Job Type: Full-time