We are seeking to fill several Recovery Technician positions at our Residential Treatment program in Spring Branch, TX located approximately 25 minutes north of San Antonio.
This is an on-call position - Fill shifts as needed.
Recovery Technicians (RT’s) are responsible for the daily oversight of clients within the Shadow Mountain community. RT’s provide supervision of clients’ daily activities including but not limited to housekeeping, hygiene, budgeting, medication observation, recovery homework, and participation in the addiction recovery community.
- Be proficient in understanding and dealing with alcoholism and drug addiction recovery
- Able to maintain calm and professional demeanor in potentially high risk, high intensity settings
- Record interaction pertinent to clients’ therapeutic process and community activities in SMR Client data management software
- Work well as part of a team and display excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ensure the safety of clients at all times when in the facility, attending outside activities, or during transportation.
- Education: High school diploma/GED
- Certification/Licensure: CPR/First Aid certification (willingness to become certified), valid drivers license
- Technology experience: Comfortable using Microsoft Office suite and electronic records management software
- For those in their own recovery for substance abuse, a minimum of 2 years continuous sobriety is required