Summary of Position Responsibilities:
Responsible for overseeing food preparation and inventory to ensure nutritional guidelines are met within a residential treatment setting and maintaining kitchen in a manner that meets or exceeds health and safety standards.
This is an on-call position and advance notice will be provided.
- Coordinate kitchen work to ensure meal preparation and delivery is on time.
- Meet or exceed all health and safety guidelines for sanitation, food preparation and storage.
- Ability to adjust food preparation and menu to accommodate food allergy or special dietary restrictions for clients.
- Keep detailed records of inventory tracking, purchasing, receiving, and food waste management.
- Experience using and maintaining and kitchen appliances.
- Evaluate food products to assure that quality standards are consistently attained.
- Support ongoing treatment and early recovery needs of clients as informed by clinical team.
Expectation of all SMR staff:
● Performs all job duties within the health and safety guidelines of the organization.
● Performs all job duties within the written guidelines of the behavioral, ethical, and conduct codes of the organization.
● Interacts with clients, fellow employees and visitors to the program in a manner that demonstrates an understanding of open, direct, and assertive communication.
● Ability to apply the concepts of customer service in the workplace. Ability to use good professional judgment. Detail oriented. Ability to work independently, with minimal direct supervision.