The ideal candidate will provide support to medical and clinical team to ensure a consistently high level of medical care within a detox hospital treatment program in Spring Branch, TX. (Approximately 25 minutes outside of San Antonio). Works closely with medical staff, clinical staff, and Recovery/Addiction Technicians in providing patient care. Provide direct medical care to patients. Perform nursing duties and act as medical resource and support to Recovery/Addiction Technicians as needed.
This role requires two hires: One for Saturday nights 8 PM to 8 AM and also requires on-call availability. The second for on-call availability only.
- Assists with medication management, patient medication education, and administration according to physician orders and in accordance with facility policy
- Assist with patients’ prescription medication refill and administration
- Document and maintain accurate and current patient records in ERM software system
- Complete intake assessments and other required documentation upon admission
- Oversee work and responsibilities of Addiction Technicians, resource for Addiction Techs in performance of job duties related to patient care
- Monitor and observe patients upon admission, managing any medical challenges within licensure scope, contacting physician when appropriate for best patient care.
- Dispose of biohazard waste according to OSHA standards
- Practice OSHA safety standards and universal precautions
- Monitor/observe Urinalysis or Breathalyzer tests as needed and document appropriately
- Monitor and document client vital signs, physical condition, and behaviors as part of the program structure
- Attend and participate in staff meetings, training, and supervision
- Abide by all legal and ethical standards