Summary: The Project Manager leads a Base Operations Support (BOS contract for US Government programs both DoD and other federal agencies. The PM will be dedicated to the management of all aspects of maintenance and operation support services and ensures compliance for all contract operations. Position requires skills in project finance, BOS services, human resource management, government customer communication, and timely response to changing seasonal requirements.
- Provide both leadership and management of the contracting organizations resources to meet all specifications and expectations of the contract.
- Communication with the customer at all levels of leadership and structure.
- Prepares and executes the budget for the contract; ensuring contract performance in accordance with company policies.
- Allocates personnel and assets to support changes in work requirements or emergencies/contingencies without degradation of other commitments.
- Solves complex technical, administrative, and managerial problems. Displays excellent customer relations and interpersonal skills and has experience with all aspects of project
- Ensures that Quality Assurance (QA), Environmental and Safety for all project activity are being exercised and that the successful completion of all assigned tasks are recorded.
- Works closely with collective bargaining unit leadership and members.
- Works closely with supervisors and lead technical personnel to properly understand customer requirements and successfully initiate/complete projects.
- Documenting customer requirements based upon business and mission goals, evaluating existing business architecture and identifying gaps, solutions and impacts to existing applications, workflow, and infrastructure, including cost, schedule and resources.
- Plans and directs the maintenance and repair of installation buildings by coordinating projects with customers, explaining the scope of the work and impact to the customer, scheduling contractor activities
- Communicate directly with the local contracting representatives on a daily basis for total mission support.
- Ensure that all contract requirements are met or exceeded
- Makes frequent visits to each functional area to stay abreast of all activities, ensures each activity is in full compliance with the terms and conditions of the contract and applicable military regulations
- Ensure fire, safety , quality control, emergency response, and hazardous material and waste management plans are established and effectively implemented.
- Monitor each operation through inspections, performance and operational reports, and liaison with managers, supervisors, employees, and Government staff members
Required Education, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, management, or related discipline from an accredited institution, one year of experience maybe substituted for one year of education.
- Familiar with financial commitments and budgeting
- Familiar with requirements of U.S. Government FFP and IDIQ contracts
- Computer literate in project management and spreadsheet applications
- Must be task oriented, self-motivated, with the ability to multitask, and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- 5 + years experience in program management expertise in a BOS oversight of a large base operations support functions
- 5 + years experience in Program Management
- 5 + years experience in regulatory compliance including OSHA, EPA, and FAR
- experience managing a unionized work force of 50+ persons..
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
·“Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.”