Oversee, plan, and direct production and continuous improvement facility as a strategic means to drive performance. The Production Manager assures all processes meet the safety, quality, productivity, cost, delivery, and engagement objectives for the facility; leads the deployment processes, tools and strategies across all pillars; directs process and product improvements; sets pillar goals to continuously improve plant-level performance; ensures plant compliance with HAACP, SQF, OSHA and all other regulatory agencies/organizations.
· Execute plant vision and mission to assure continuous improvement and alignment with the corporate vision.
· Direct and oversee production supervisors and their roles and responsibilities throughout the day.
· Drive employee engagement, training, and development to maximize manufacturing, quality, safety, and productivity goal attainment.
· Effectively communicate results and action plans to all employees and managers.
· Ability to fill role of Plant Manager for short term absences.
· Oversee production planning and materials management team to optimize schedule attainment and customer service.
· Collaborate directly with human resources to ensure employee issues or concerns are correctly addressed and resolved.
· Collaborate with finance to create and execute a maintenance and capital budget to insure that financial allocations and obligations are set, administered and met.
· Initiate cost savings measures relating to crewing, standards and yields.
· Ensure all plant operations and business is conducted in a safe and controlled environment.
· Ensure all quality and regulatory standards, specifications and policies are met or exceeded.
· Collaborates with Research and Development in product development and implementation of plant trials.
· Driving the cultural shift to managing through pillars and providing leadership and subject matter expertise in best practices.
· Works closely with cross functional teams (i.e. Project Engineers, Contractors, Technicians, Peers, other leads, etc.) to plan, implement, lead, and/or execute actions.
· Create a continuous improvement culture and run to standard environment.
· Coaches teams in personal accountability, giving and receiving feedback, root cause analysis, problem solving, decision making, trade-off analysis, interpersonal communications and external interactions
· 5+ years as a manager in a food manufacturing/consumer goods plant preferred
· 5+ years Management experience required
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Industrial Management, Engineering, Food Science, Management, Product Operations or equivalent field of study
· Experience with using TPM/Lean/Six Sigma/Kaizen methodologies required
· Experience in a union environment preferred
· Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with individuals at all levels of the organization
· Experience in problem identification, goal setting communication and positive employee relations in a self-directed team environment
· Possess strong conceptual and planning skills
· Operate as a strong results-oriented team player with a customer service and safety mindset
· Demonstrated competency in the areas of leadership, influence and negotiation, communication and both tactical and strategic thinking skills
· Exhibit excellent judgment and maturity in critical thinking along with sound project management and interpersonal skills
· Strong computer application skills, including the utilization of network and PC based business application software such as SAP, MP2, QAD, etc.
· Strong mathematical and statistical skills as well as basic financial skills and understanding