General Manager for Seward Community Cooperative
- Expired: December 04, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Seward Community Co-op is conducting a search for the next General Manager of the vibrant Seward Community Co-op in the Seward and South Minneapolis communities of Minnesota. Seward Community Co-op has been dedicated to sustaining a healthy community that has equitable economic relationships, positive environmental impacts and inclusive socially responsible practices since 1972. With over 25,000 owners and 250 employees Seward Co-op has been a pillar in the national cooperative community. Cooperative businesses are member-owned, democratic institutions. They are controlled by a member-elected Board of Directors and abide by the Seven International Cooperative Principles, which include:
- Voluntary, Open Ownership
- Democratic Owner Control
- Owner Economic Participation
- Autonomy And Independence
- Education, Training And Information
- Cooperation Among Cooperatives
- Concern For The Community
The General Manager reports to the Board of Directors, and will be responsible to ensure safe, secure, and financially sustainable day-to-day operations, plan for sustainable growth by ensuring hiring, training and supervision of leadership staff and other employees and in compliance with all policies approved by the Board of Directors and with regulatory agencies.
Within the limits of the articles of incorporation, the bylaws, and the policies established by the Board, the GM is responsible for and has the authority to accomplish the duties listed below. The Board may assign other tasks as deemed necessary. The GM may delegate portions of their responsibilities consistent with sound operations and authorized policies and procedures, together with proportionate authority for their fulfillment, but they may not delegate nor relinquish any portion of their accountability for results.
- The GM is empowered to make organization wide decisions, create policies and authorize engagements that they can demonstrate to be consistent within interpretation of Board policy.
- The GM oversees planning, finance, operations, diversity/equity/inclusion, marketing, ownership and human resources.
- Follow all Seward Co-op policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook and UFCW 663 Union Contract.
- Consistently and positively promote ownership and owner benefits.
- Perform other tasks assigned by the Board of Directors
- Learn about, develop, integrate, and champion diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-racist efforts for the betterment of the Co-op and Co-op community.
- Exceed expectations of internal and external customers for service and provide ? welcoming environment for all in accordance with Seward Co-op's customer service standards.
- Treat all customers and co-workers fairly, consistently and with respect.
- Engage in creating and maintaining ? positive, ethical and productive workplace.
Seward Community Co-op carries a wide variety of products to meet the differing needs of our shoppers. Our dedication to sustaining a healthy community leads us to emphasize the Community Foods: Values Every Day program, which supports producers with at least two of these qualities:
- Inclusive i.e. people of color, women, LGBTQIA+, disabled and/or veteran owned
- Small scale
- Local i.e. Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa
With our long history in natural foods, we remain committed to offering products with straightforward ingredients. We value organic certification to provide assurance that foods are grown and processed safely and sustainably. We also provide options to those with specific dietary needs.
- Post-secondary cooperative management or business management degree or minimum 7-10 years' experience in business management.
- Minimum five years' experience supervising multiple employees including, but not limited to, interviewing, training, delegating, ensuring accountability, coaching, evaluating and leading ? management team.
- Experience in retail/grocery management, preferably with a unionized workforce.
- Preferred: experience supporting multilingual staff and/or ability to speak multiple languages
Full job description available upon request.
RetailView all jobs at Seward Co-op
Get fresh Co Op manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.