Assistant Deli Manager-Kitchen
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Assistant Deli Manager-Kitchen
Looking for an Assistant Deli Manager- Kitchen with a passion for sustainable, local, and organic food to help lead the department in our successful Franklin Store.
Purpose: To provide efficient daily workflow in the Deli kitchen; to ensure deli cases are full of high quality food; to assist the Deli Manager in meeting department goals for customer service, sales, margins and turns; to supervise kitchen staff; and to ensure excellent customer service by kitchen staff. To ensure that safe handling and sanitation practices are followed by department staff at all times. To support efforts to improve and implement co-op wide prepared foods products and initiatives.
Status: Full-time. Reports to Deli Manager. Supervises Kitchen Shift Leads and all Kitchen Staff.
Pay Level: V
- Place and receive accurate food and supply orders, monitor quality and rotate stock properly.
- Prompt attention to returns
- Maintain appropriate inventory, avoiding over and out-of stocks
- Track credit returns.
- Oversee daily production lists for kitchen staff and ensure proper rotation of current recipes.
- Oversee varied, attractive and tasteful selection of soups, salad, dips, entrees and desserts.
- Coordinate production needs for the deli service counter with the Assistant Deli Manager-Counter.
- Assist Deli Manager in taking catering requests. Oversee production of catering orders, food quality, order accuracy and on-time delivery
- Track and monitor spoilage
- Track and monitor daily production
- Assist with production as needed
- Assist with recipe development following department policies for pricing, production and merchandising.
- Work with Deli Managers and Creamery Supervisors to achieve department goals.
- Review movement reports, adjusting production accordingly.
- Ensure safe work practices and sanitation practices are followed and upheld to the highest standards at all times.
- Supervise all kitchen staff
- Communicate all performance concerns to Deli Manager and shift leads
- Schedule all kitchen staff
- Conduct performance evaluations for kitchen staff
- Ensure training of new kitchen staff
- Assist in development and implementation of training materials for kitchen staff
- Maintain Storewide and Deli policies in the kitchen
- Coordinate and facilitate kitchen meetings
- Maintain open communication with all kitchen staff and respond to staff concerns in a timely fashion.
- Provide communication link between kitchen staff and deli managers.
- Uphold all store policies and procedures
- Hire staff following established processes with the Deli Manager
- Monitor employee performance and follow established disciplinary processes as appropriate with the Deli Manager
- Provide excellent customer service and monitor customer service by kitchen staff
- Communicate and address customer requests and concerns in cooperation with Deli Managers.
- Ensure Health Department regulations are followed in all food production.
- Coordinate and ensure regular cleaning schedule for kitchen.
- Maintain and monitor equipment condition and inform Deli Manager regarding necessary repairs
- Assist Deli Managers in meeting objectives for sales, margin and turns
- Assist Deli Manager in ensuring competitive pricing that meets margin goals
- Work with Assistant Deli Manager-Counter and shift leads to maintain excellent communication, and respond to concerns in a timely fashion.
- Attend departmental/store meetings
- Wash hands routinely, frequently and properly to ensure the safety of our products per Seward Co-ops Hand Washing Policy.
- Attend trainings and certification classes as needed.
- Participate in quarterly inventory
- Other projects as assigned by the Deli Manager
- Train small groups.
- Self motivated, organized, responsible, flexible
- Food Service Manager Certification
- 3 years of supervisory experience
- Experience training large groups a plus
- Professional cooking experience
- Good sense of taste/smell
- Excellent communication skills
- Buying/ordering experience
- Experience with taking and recording quarterly inventory.
- Ability to work with a team to achieve departmental goals
- Attention to detail
- Computer Skills
- Ability to work in front of a computer screen for long periods of time.
- English proficiency
- Ability to stand, bend, stoop, reach, squat and walk for extended periods of time per shift
- Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 50 pounds. Push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
- Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc.)
- Ability to operate equipment such as: rotisserie, Robot Coupe, food processor, shrink wrap machine, manual and/or electric scales, recalibrate and read thermometers, convection oven, stove, knives and commercial dishwasher.
- Ability to freely access all areas of the store including offices, sales floor, back stock areas, and walk-in coolers and freezers.
- Ability to move or handle merchandise throughout the store generally weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Experience with natural foods
- Demonstrated ability to work with customers and co-workers from various cultural backgrounds
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
FoodView all jobs at Seward Co-op