This position is responsible for computer and network support within the organization. This includes but is not limited to the following: Candidate will be expected to perform duties of supporting staff, resource management, backup monitoring & restoration, deployment and general oversight of network connectivity. Incumbent must possess strong oral and written communication skills to be able to express their thoughts and ideas clearly and concisely. Must be a team player, capable of multitasking and working on several complex and diverse tasks with near simultaneous deadlines. Must be well organized, reliable, conscientious, and be capable of managing resources and schedules to meet deadlines for multiple projects.
- Responsible for installing, maintaining, and administration of the LAN/WAN networks.
- Troubleshoot and resolve medium to complex hardware and software problems on a 300 node multi-protocol LAN/WAN.
- Must have experience with server operating systems (Windows 2008 / 2012 Server) system administration, Active Directory administration, and hardware troubleshooting.
- Must have experience with workstation imaging, operating system (Win7/Win10) support, user profile troubleshooting, network configuration, application configuration, hardware troubleshooting, network printer configuration, and server print queue creation.
- Must be familiar with configuration and troubleshooting of HP servers and workstations, UPS systems, copper and fiber optics cabling plants.
- Enforce security procedures and coordinate LAN policies and standards.
- Responsible for computer asset tracking to ensure proper inventory control of all computer assets onsite. Perform software audits annually.
- Working with a team, coordinate efforts to meet client needs and improve efficiency within the Information Technology Department. Work closely together to ensure department goals are met and increase staff technical knowledge and capabilities.
- Utilize network management tools to monitor, evaluate, and report health statistics of both WAN/LAN environments.
- Compose and maintain network documentation such as topology diagrams, circuit/equipment inventories and configuration reports.
- Understand TCP/IP protocol, Subnetting/Routing, Domain Name, Service (DNS), Dynamic Host Control Protocol (DHCP) and RFC 1918.
- Ability to create and/or modify scripts to automate configuration changes and gather configuration information and deploy packages. Windows PowerShell or VBS scripting experience or any combination of Windows development experience.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the CIO.
The minimum level of education and experience for this position includes:
- HS Diploma or GED required; BS in computer related field preferred.
- 5 yrs. of progressive IT administration experience.
- 3 yrs. direct Windows Server 2008R2, 2012, Windows 7, Windows 10
- MCITP or MCSE Certification or equivalent preferred
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.