- Posted: over a month ago
The Finance Manager is an important member of our global Finance Team handling all US based finance and accounting activities, including budget, financial forecasting, statistical reports, audits, and tax activities, for Sever Pharma Solutions. Reporting to the local Site Manager with a dotted line to our Chief Financial Officer in Sweden. This Finance Manager role is located in Putnam, CT which is commutable from Hartford, Boston and Providence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE FINANCE MANAGER
- Overseeing and managing the full variety of areas within the finance department
- Managing and executing day-to-day accounting transactions, including accounts payable/receivable
- Responsible for invoicing clients for services and assisting Project Management with tracking expenses and budgets.
- Establish and monitor Capex controls
- Monitor cash flow analysis and forecasting
- Develop, implement, and manage cost controls across the business
- Evaluate business case for all projects and expenditures
- Produce Financial reporting both local and towards HQ (US GAAP and IFRS)
- Actively engage in all Budgeting and Forecasting processes
- Federal, state, and local filings e.g., sales tax, income tax, year-end statements
- Works as a business partner with multiple parts of the organization
- Build robust and effective financial processes
- Manage all financial audits
- Member of the local management Team
- Other duties as assigned by the Site Manager or CFO
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE FINANCE MANAGER
- Proven track record of building strong working relationships with all stakeholders required.
- Position requires a well-rounded, result driven candidate who is self-reliant in determining priorities and setting schedule to meet goals and objectives
- Previous experience with large investment products preferred
- Attention to detail is critical
- Flexible in handling multiple and changing work assignments on a daily basis
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and the general public
- Ability to read, comprehend, and interpret directions, instructions, quality system procedures, correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to employees and leadership of the organization.
- Must be able to deal with confidential information in a professional manner.
- Pro-active and self-motivated and ability to remain calm in times of uncertainty and stress
- Advanced working knowledge of QuickBooks, Microsoft Office products; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Qliksense (business intelligence software) is preferred
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE FOR THE FINANCE MANAGER
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting. MBA preferred but not required. CPA certification is an advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years of direct accounting experience in manufacturing and service organizations. Preference given to candidates with medical device / pharmaceutical industry experience.
- Previous audit experience helpful
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
LANGUAGE SKILLS FOR THE FINANCE MANAGER
Ability to read and interpret IRS, SEC, and GAAP regulations. Ability to write detailed procedures and work instructions. Ability to speak effectively before groups of people including employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS FOR THE FINANCE MANAGER
Strong math skills required including the ability to develop and manipulate financial models to fit current business conditions. Advanced use of Microsoft Excel is required.
REASONING ABILITY FOR THE FINANCE MANAGER
Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Makes sound business decisions based in data and displays emotional maturity.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS FOR THE FINANCE MANAGER
Physical demands of this job are minimal. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT FOR THE FINANCE MANAGER
Work is largely performed in an office environment, laboratory, and manufacturing facility where one must be aware of the presence of workplace standards including machinery and testing equipment. Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be required in some portions of the facility.
EMPLOYEE BENEFITS HIGHLIGHTS
- Annual Bonus Program
- 401(k) with up to 4% company match
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Life and Disability coverage at no cost
- Generous PTO program
Sever Pharma Solutions
Finance and Insurance
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?