Seven Lakes Contracting is seeking a CDL Driver / Equipment Operator for immediate hire!
Responsible for safely and efficiently operating heavy dump truck and trailer moving heavy construction equipment ranging from skidsteer to rollers, and paver as well as driving multi-axle highway equipment with GVWR in excess of 26,001 pounds, for transporting construction materials.
This position is ideal for someone who has experience moving construction equipment and materials, and has a good working knowledge of current DOT regulations and permitting requirements.
- •Drives truck to transport material/equipment to and from specified destinations.
- • Positions blocks, tie roper and other devices to secure load during transit.
- • Load and unload trucks.
- • Maintains and checks truck’s equipment and supplies to assure roadworthiness.
- • Notifies supervisor of currently needed or anticipated repairs.
- • Perform minor emergency roadside repairs.
- • Check vehicles to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order.
- • Verify the types of materials being hauled as well as their weight.
- • Clearly communicate with other equipment operators and truck drivers to ensure deliveries are according to the job specifications and timetables.
- • Keep truck clean and in good working order.
- Good coordination skills are required to operate the controls in the cab that manipulate the bed.
- Requires sharp regular and peripheral vision abilities to be aware of other trucks and heavy equipment that frequently surrounds job sites.
- Demonstrates quick reaction time to signals (i.e. sound, light, pictures).
- Must be physically able to climb and lift and carry 15 to 30 pounds.
- Sit or drive approximately 70%; stand or walk approximately 30% of a 10 to 12 hour shift.
- • Minimum of 3 years' experience in moving heavy construction equipment
- • A valid Class A CDL
- • Must have a relatively clean driving record
- • Must have a strong safety record
- • Must successfully pass pre-employment (post offer) drug screen, background, motor vehicle records check.
- • 401K
- • Paid time off after 6 months..
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Employees will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their supervisors, unless otherwise restricted.