- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Veterinary Receptionist/Client Care Representative
We are seeking a compassionate Receptionist / Client Care Specialist to join our team at Seven Hills Veterinary Hospital at Diamond Heights San Francisco. As a CCR your primary responsibility is to be efficient in any and all front desk operations. A CCR is the client’s first and last impression of Seven Hills Veterinary Hospital and it is important that all clients feel welcome, safe and comfortable. CCRs are invaluable members of our hospital team, and we treat them that way. We take great pride in providing a supportive, positive and enjoyable work environment with remarkable benefits with ample opportunities for professional growth.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
● Deliver exceptional customer service to pet owners in a polite and timely manner, both in person and over the phone
● Respond with compassion and empathy in stressful and emotional situations
● Maintain a clean, stocked and orderly lobby and front office area
● Responsible for processing/filling prescriptions and creating travel certificates
● Educate clients on wellness plans, food and products sold in waiting room
● Perform opening and closing procedures, end of day reports and deposits
● Data Entry: records, client questionnaires, referral information, ect
● Distribute mail
● Ensure that referral letters and lab results go to the corresponding veterinarians
● Admit patients: ensuring that the patient is weighed and all information is current.
● Opportunities to learn Veterinary Assistant skills if desired
Skills and Qualifications:
● 1-3 years’ experience in veterinary practice (or human medical practice) preferred
● 2 years’ customer service experience preferred (retail, food and beverage, etc.)
● Computer experience (email usage, word/excel) and proficiency required in front desk equipment (such as, fax machine, credit card machine, copy machine, and postage meter)
● Must possess basic math skills to determine proper deposits, make change, and process payments utilizing credit card and check terminal
● Must be willing to work 10-hour shifts
● There must be a general understanding of veterinary terminology, situational understanding and being able to successfully communicate these situations with clients and veterinary team.
● Able to phone and waiting room triage to determine the difference between an emergency and a routine office visit
● Excellent communication skills with clients and team members
● Proficient time management, ability to problem solve, learn, and handle multiple tasks
● Enthusiastic team player with a patient, and positive professional attitude.
● Must be able to work seated for a majority of day
Benefits and Perks:
● Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance options, all starting first of the month following date of hire
● 401K with company match
● Flexible Spending Account or Health Savings Account options included
● Long Term Disability options
● Short Term Disability, paid for by employer
● Complimentary Life Insurance $15,000; with options to purchase additional voluntary benefits for self or family
● Personal Pet Discounts
● PTO and Paid Holidays
● Company Sponsored Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
At Seven Hills Veterinary Hospital our clients know we are passionate about giving them stellar service and their pets the very best care, always. Our veterinarians also have expertise in veterinary nutrition, precision cancer care and providing guidance to increasing lifespan of pets. We are uniquely innovating veterinary medicine.
End every workday knowing you've been part of a something really special.
We are a proud United Veterinary Care Partner hospital. United Veterinary Care supports the unique culture and individuality of each partner hospital while empowering the hospital teams in their care for patients. One of our goals is to support our community of hospitals in creating sustainable, fulfilling careers in a profession we love.
Seven Hills Veterinary HospitalSan Francisco, CA
Get fresh Veterinary Receptionist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.