Provides health care, emergency care, and promotion of overall health for people supported by Seven Hills Rhode Island. Ensures health care needs are met at the participants home as well as coordinating within the community. Utilizes independent judgment and operational autonomy within the field of case management.
- Provides health care and promotion of good health as well as emergency care for people supported.
- Assists in the implementation of Federal/State laws and statues which deal with health related issues.
- Works with multidisciplinary team to ensure health care needs are met and assists in planning of daily needs in health and safety.
- Evaluates health care needs and develops health care plan for participants on caseload or as assigned.
- Completes individual initial and annual assessments.
- Updates assessments and health care plans annually and as needed.
- Responsible for scheduling and facilitating screenings, and assists with psychiatric appointments and annual physicals.
- Provides health care teaching to people supported by the agency.
- Maintains the confidential health records for all people supported
- Ensures timely and correct completion of all documentation and reports in electronic health record.
- Provides staff in-service training in the various health and safety.
- Trains and monitors medication/treatment administration and specialized procedures by trained non-nursing personnel.
- Liaisons’ with families, BHDDH and other healthcare professions to ensure ongoing health care needs are met.
- Participates in the Nurse on-call system. This includes 24 hour telephonic coverage during all scheduled working days (holidays on rotating schedule) as well as weekend coverage on a rotating schedule.
- May assist D.S.S. as required.
- Develops and implements all health care related training per regulations including but not limited, health maintenance, medication administration and specialized trainings.
- Contributes to the positive morale by representing the agency through professional communication and interactions.
- Develops on-going communication with team, through routine monthly-home staff meeting, coordination meetings and other meetings as appropriate.
- Implements and fosters the principles of self advocacy which promote an independent lifestyle and respect for program participants.
- Assists people with learning about and advocating for their personal rights and understanding the responsibilities that accompany those rights.
- Arrives punctually and participates in all required meetings and trainings.
- Follows all established Seven Hills policies and procedures and documents accordingly. Follows “Health & Wellness Standards” as described in BHDDH Rules and regulations, May drive or accompany people to medical appointments as deemed necessary.
- Responds effectively to potential safety hazards and emergencies.
- Maintains a clean, orderly and safe environment by being respectful of property and equipment. Follows proper maintenance instructions.
- Adheres to all Human Rights policies and procedures, completes incident reports as needed, and provides the least restrictive environment, while adhering to each participant’s level of supervision.
- Complete and maintain all required trainings, certifications and licensures.
- Actively promote and positively role model philosophy, mission and core values of the organization. Treat individuals served, associates, guests and other stakeholders in a respectful and dignified manner.
- Be familiar with and actively promote all Seven Hills’ policies and procedures the sire’s program specific policies and procedures including individualized support plans of people on their caseload.
- Other duties as assigned.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Physical demands: Sitting, pushing, pulling, carrying, grasping, speaking, listening, stooping, crouching, bending, standing, twisting, crawling, walking, climbing. May be required to lift up to fifty (50) pounds or more with assistance. May be required to provide support through physical lifting and/or therapeutic holds.
- Registered Nurse (RN) with current license in RI.
- Experience with adults with intellectual/developmental disabilities preferred.
- Current BLS certification
- Valid driver's license.
Seven Hills Foundation