Inventory Clerk, FT
Division: Seven Feathers Truck & Travel Center
Location: OR-Canyonville - Seven Feathers Truck & Travel Center
Position #: 756810
# of openings: 1
Responsible for establishing and evaluating standard inventory levels and re-order points, placing orders, coordinating off loading of goods, verifying goods received, maintaining and ensuring accuracy of the database, performing physical inventory, maintaining and updating diagram of product location, suggesting new products and vendors and assisting guests.
- Evaluates and establishes inventory pars by working with management. Establishes standard inventory levels and re-order points for merchandise and supplies. Evaluates inventory levels and re-order points.
- Processes standard orders by contacting vendors to place order for merchandise per order entry guidelines.
- Processes non-standard orders by making recommendations to management for placement of merchandise orders. Processes approved orders per order entry guidelines.
- Meets and greets delivery drivers at loading dock and coordinates off loading of merchandise and other goods.
- Reviews bill of ladings, packing slips and invoices and verifies deliveries received match billing and purchase order documents and/or accounts for differences.
- Authorizes goods received are eligible for entry into the building and inventory. Confirms freight is verified and approved for unpacking, storage and stocking.
- Performs data analysis and contributes and extracts data to and from database. Routinely obtains reports from database comparing output data with other control totals to ensure database accuracy. Strives to minimize differences in theoretical inventory and actual inventory. Troubleshoots significant discrepancies.
- Assists guests in finding merchandise on store floor as well as offering to locate products and call them back.
- Assists management and accountants with inventory spot audits and counts.
- Takes lead role in completing full store physical inventory counts and resetting of merchandise.
- Maintains Plan-O-Gram diagram of product location on store shelves. Recommends product movement and end cap decisions. Routes changes of Plan-O-Gram to other personnel.
- Meets with management to suggest new products and merchandise and to obtain approval to add or delete products.
- Meets with management to suggest new and/or replacement vendors.
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate required.
- 1 - 3 years of inventory/merchandising experience preferred.
- Computer literate with proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience working in a travel center, mini market, retail gasoline station and/or restaurant desired.
- Basic math skills required.
- General understanding of shipping/receiving as well as merchandise layout.
- All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
- Current and valid Oregon Driver's License, with the ability to qualify for the UIDC's Drivers Program.