Seton Catholic Schools is a new, collaborative network of K-8 parish schools in the Greater Milwaukee area. We are coming together to strengthen academics, faith formation and life-long outcomes for all students. Over the next several years, Seton will continue to serve 10 schools serving approximately 2500 students and be a national model for urban Catholic school renewal. By joining our team, you can become a leader in this important transformation.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for ensuring the school office is effectively positioned to support students, parents, teachers, and school leadership. This role will include family and student relations, data entry and important day-to-day administrative functions that keep the school running smoothly.
The job will include the following duties and responsibilities:
Student Information System Data Entry
- Collect student information from families and enter data into the student information system, PowerSchool.
- Record and reconcile student attendance.
- Work with network data administrators to manage school setup, beginning of year, and end of year procedures.
- Support student recruitment efforts including scheduling or providing school tours, participating in recruitment events, and supporting the planning and execution of enrollment activities and events.
- Coordinate student enrollment paperwork and documentation in alignment with Choice Program documentation and student information system entry.
- Coordinate school cumulative records.
- Prepare and file reports as needed.
- Answer phones and greet visitors in a polite and respectful manner. Maintain visitor log and ensure all guests adhere to visitor policy.
- Attend to students who are ill, maintain necessary student medical records, and manage student medication.
- Assist with special events, translations, and special projects as needed.
- Maintain a clean, warm, and welcoming front office environment.
- Coordinate general school office operations.
- Ensure all student/family forms are collected and organized.
- Provide on-site support for purchasing, cash collection, and recordings.
- Receive, organize and distribute mail and network courier items.
- Support coordination of field trips.
- Collect and submit hourly employee time sheets.
- Acquire and provide documentation for substitute teachers as needed.
- Fluency in Spanish preferred.
- Strong communication, organization and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Office 365, and Google docs.
- Demonstrated interest in promoting academic excellence in an educational environment.
- Demonstrated interest and ability to serve all of Seton Catholic School?s customers and constituencies.
- Experience in school environment preferred
- Health, dental and vision coverage.
- Archdiocese of Milwaukee pension program.
- 403(b) retirement plan.
- A collaborative, regional network of educators aligned to vision, mission and educational outcomes.
- A commitment to hiring a diverse team, reflective of our school communities.