School Administrative Assistant
Seton Catholic Schools
Position Title: School Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Principal and Dean of Operations
Employment Classification: 11-Month Non-Exempt
Start Date: Immediate
Join a Transformational Team
Seton Catholic Schools is a collaborative network of Catholic elementary and middle schools in the Greater Milwaukee area. We are coming together to strengthen academics, faith formation and life-long outcomes for all students. In the next few years, Seton will include nearly 20 schools serving 5000 students and be a national model for urban school renewal. By joining our team, you can become a leader in this important transformation.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for ensuring the school office is effectively positioned to support students, parents, teachers, and school leadership. This role will include family and student relations, data entry and important day-to-day administrative functions that keep the school running smoothly.
The job will include but is not limited to the following duties and responsibilities:
Student Information System Data Entry
- Collect student information from families and enter data into the student information system, PowerSchool.
- Record and reconcile student attendance.
- Work with School Office Manager or Dean of Operations to support compliance, data management, school setup, beginning of year, and end of year procedures.
Enrollment & Student Recruitment
- Represent the school and Seton Catholic Schools with a positive, solutions-oriented, and welcoming demeanor.
- Support student recruitment efforts including scheduling or providing school tours, participating in recruitment events, and supporting the planning and execution of enrollment activities and events.
- Coordinate student enrollment paperwork and documentation in alignment with documentation requirements and student information system entry.
- Coordinate school cumulative record management.
- Prepare and file reports as needed.
Student & Family Relations
- Translate conversations between Spanish speakers and English speakers.
- Answer phones and greet visitors in a polite and respectful manner. Maintain visitor log and ensure all guests adhere to visitor policy.
- Attend to sick students, maintain necessary student medical records, and manage student medication.
- Assist with special events, translations, and special projects as needed.
- Maintain a clean, warm, and welcoming front office environment.
- Coordinate general school office operations.
- Ensure all student/family forms are collected and organized.
- Provide on-site support for purchasing, cash collection, and recordings.
- Receive, organize and distribute mail and network courier items.
- Support coordination of field trips.
- Collect and submit hourly employee timesheets.
- Acquire and provide documentation for substitute teachers as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
Qualifications and Skills
- Advanced knowledge of written and spoken Spanish
- Strong communication, organization and customer service skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Office 365, and Google docs
- Demonstrated interest in promoting academic excellence in an educational environment.
- Demonstrated interest and ability to serve all of Seton Catholic School’s customers and constituencies.
- Experience in school environment preferred
- Bilingual required.
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive pay.
- Health, dental and vision coverage.
- Archdiocese of Milwaukee pension program.
- A collaborative, regional network aligned to vision, mission and educational outcomes.
- A commitment to hiring a diverse team, reflective of our school communities.
Interested candidates should apply online at www.setoncatholicschools.org/careers.
Powered by JazzHR
Seton Catholic Schools