The Restaurant/Store Clerk’s essential purpose is to ensure timely and professional service to store customers while complying with brand standards and company policies. The following reflects the essential job duties but does not restrict tasks that may be assigned. Duties of this job may be changed at management’s discretion.
Prepare and serve food to restaurant customers
Clean restaurant and maintain a clean work environment
Provide exceptional service to customers
Sell store merchandise to customers and assist with packaging of items at checkout.
- Collect payments for merchandise sold and maintains a balanced cash/billing drawer.
- Check identification of customers in order to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol.
- Inspect products for expired dates.
- Inform manager of shortages
- Help maintain current inventory of items
- Help store customers in locating products in the store.
- Follow standard operating procedures of the store
- Maintain cleanliness and proper display order of products in the store
- Coordinate work with other team members.
- Check the working condition of equipment and report to supervisor all unsafe or malfunctioning equipment
- Use suggested selling techniques to sell merchandise.
- Know all safety and emergency procedures
- Communicate with the previous and following shifts
- Ensure compliance with energy conservation and job safety requirements and report all safety concerns to management.
- Ensure efficient completion of daily assignments in a timely manner
- Report all safety concerns to management
- Attend and participate in all mandatory trainings
- Flexible with schedule and assignments
- Maintain effective performance under pressure
- May perform similar duties as requested by supervisor
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Good communication skills
- Ability to give and follow verbal and written instructions
- Attention to detail
- Displays good initiative