At ServisFirst, Our Name is Our Mission.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Teller is responsible for delivering quality customer service through efficient handling of routine over-the-counter transactions and for recognizing and acting upon sales opportunities that present themselves during the transactions.
The incumbent will:
- Process deposits by receiving checks and cash for deposit, verify the deposit amount, examine the checks for necessary endorsements and request any required identification
- Cash checks and pay out funds to clients after verifying signatures and the availability of funds in the account from which the check is being drawn
- Provide clients with transaction receipts (e.g., deposit slips, etc.) derived from the transaction information entered into the system
- Cross-sell the Bank’s other products and services, refer clients to appropriate personnel as needed
- Count and balance currency, coins and checks received daily for deposit ensuring the accuracy of all funds counted and balanced
- Balance cash drawer daily and verify cash being returned to the vault
- Open, verify, count and balance deposited funds removed from night depositories
- Perform customer service duties as needed via phone or in person by assisting clients with inquiries about account information and Bank products or direct calls to proper Bank personnel
- Provide guidance and maintenance for new and existing accounts including client address changes, balance verification, miscellaneous charges, etc.
- Sell coins to the vault ensuring that all required steps are taken as stated in Bank policy and procedures
- Accept loan and installment payments from clients
- Identify and report suspicious transaction activity and potential security threats
- Operate computer terminal or personal computer to process account activity, determine balances and resolve problems within given authority
Note: Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable otherwise qualified associates/applicants with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Note: Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Six (6) months of related experience, particularly in cash handling and customer interaction
- Excellent customer service skills, as demonstrated by previous experience interacting with customers and responding to requests
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of basic accounting, with experience reviewing numerical information and balancing
- Ability to accurately count and handle cash
- Experience using Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
The physical requirements and environmental conditions of this position consist primarily of:
- Sustained standing and sitting
- Frequent use of PC, including typing or sustained attention to monitor
- Occasional lifting of basic office files or equipment up to 20 lbs
- Normal office environment with comfortable internal temperatures and low level noise
ServisFirst BankBirmingham, AL
Finance and Insurance
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.