- Expired: February 07, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
At ServisFirst, Our Name is Our Mission.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Network Engineer is responsible for designing and implementing functional network infrastructure and security, providing first and second level technical support to all internal clients/employees. The position monitors, troubleshoots, and diagnoses network performance, confidentiality, integrity and availability.
The incumbent will:
- Analyze system techniques and procedures, including consulting with users to determine hardware, software or system functional specifications
- Provide excellent customer service on the phone, in written format and in person with the ability to deal with varying customer skill levels patiently and politely
- Utilize the ticketing system and provide detailed status and case notes for all issues handled directly; properly route all problems requiring escalation
- Maintain a customer-service oriented atmosphere for the Helpdesk
- Ensure prompt responses, effective communication and delivery of solutions for reported issues
- Create department documentation and recommend procedural changes to proactively increase system performance and increase efficiency
- Manage Active Directory group policy and user permissions
- Manage IT hardware and software inventory
- Manage and maintain email filtering with Office 365 platform
- Configure, install, and troubleshoot network endpoints including firewalls, multi factor authentication systems, network access control systems, mobile device management, VOIP, s, server, switches, and routers
- Monitor and respond to system and security events and escalate as needed
- Keep systems updated with the latest patches
- Create and maintain computer/software images, ensuring rapid deployment of up-to-date PC builds for desktops and laptop systems
- Troubleshoot network connectivity problems
- Develop and maintain knowledge of system information changes and updates
- Perform system backups and monitor the integrity of the backups
Note: Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable otherwise qualified associates/applicants with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Note: Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Associate's degree (AA) in Computer Science/Information Systems or equivalent
- Two (2) years of related experience
- Cisco or other equivalent Network certifications
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience with Cisco or Meraki Networks and Corporate wired/wireless LANs
- Experience implementing, maintaining, and supporting Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office applications
- Technical experience configuring and supporting cloud based infrastructure, firewalls and network access systems, servers and related equipment
- Demonstrated ability dealing with and resolving complex technical issues with customers in real time
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to troubleshoot technical issues
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills as demonstrated in previous support role working directly with customers
- Previous banking experience a plus
- Ability to work with no supervision while performing duties
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
The physical requirements and environmental conditions of this position consist primarily of:
- Sustained standing and sitting
- Frequent use of PC, including typing or sustained attention to monitor
- Occasional lifting and/or moving equipment weighing up to 50 lbs
- Normal office environment with comfortable internal temperatures and low level noise
TechnologyView all jobs at ServisFirst Bank
Get fresh Full Time Network Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!