Fire/Water Damage Technician
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Provides emergency restoration and disaster recovery services to customers following assigned work orders provided by the Lead Technician/Crew Chief.
- Performs water/fire/smoke damage mitigation and mold remediation repair as directed by supervisor to include water extraction, pack-out of contents, removing/disposing of non-salvageable materials, cleaning, and demolition
- Sets up and monitors air movers and/or dehumidifiers
- May perform other cleaning duties (i.e., construction cleaning, fire/smoke/odor cleaning, mold remediation, carpet and upholstery cleaning, etc.) when part of mitigation or restoration jobs
- Reports any equipment malfunction to supervisor
- Reports any customer problems or damage to supervisor
- Completes assigned job tasks according to company processes while maintaining quality control on each job
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Ability to work within a team
- Takes instruction and stays on task
- Follows company guidelines and standards
- Good verbal and written and communication skills, bi-lingual a plus
- Good customer service skills
- Can read and follow product label usage instructions
- Reports to work on time in a clean, complete uniform
- Valid driver's is MANDATORY as well as a satisfactory driving record
We hire for attitude and train for skills! If you have the right attitude you will be able to grow with the company and take advantage of our career opportunities. We are willing to train you, but experience or certifications are definitely a plus.
We offer competitive compensation package, paid time off and holidays, health/vision/dental insurance, 401K, disability benefits, paid training.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Incumbent must be prepared to:
- Move up to 70 pounds often, by lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or otherwise repositioning objects.
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time. Lifting, squatting, crawling and crouching is required.
- Express or exchange ideas with others and receive and act on detailed information given.
- For safety reasons, respirators, which are used in certain situations, must be able to seal to your face.
- Be exposed to various inside and outside working conditions: The change of environment such as with or without air conditioning and heating.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. The Company reserves the right to modify this description in the future, with or without notice to the employee. This Job Description does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, and employment with the Company remains at will. These responsibilities are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.