Fire Restoration Technician
ServiceMaster Restore 1995 - Frederick Frederick, MD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
A successful Fire Restoration Technician monitors, inspects and completes tasks for restoration jobs to ensure completion of drying, demolition, pack-out of contents in addition to other various fire restoration activities. The Fire Restoration Technician prepares and reviews documentation to include notes, photos and documents according to company policies and procedures to ensure reimbursement from insurance companies, as well as explains processes used to complete active jobs and next steps to resolution in person to customers.
- Retrieves work orders, ensures appropriate equipment and supplies are loaded on truck needed for job, arrives to work site.
- Explain processes used to complete active jobs and next steps to resolution in person to customers using printed materials as a guide with or without supervisor
- Completes assigned jobs according to company processes while maintaining quality control on each job with urgency
- Performs fire/smoke damage repair and tasks to include water extraction, pack-out of contents, removing/disposing of non-salvageable materials, as directed by supervisor
- Ensures equipment, supplies, vehicles, and products are properly handled. Reports any equipment malfunction and or damage to supervisor
- Responsible for making daily adjustments to the drying plan based on meter readings
- Resolves issues with customers, communicates customer issues, daily job activities with supervisor and key company staff
- Prepares documentation and pictures according to company policies and procedures to ensure reimbursement from insurance companies
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Experience in the restoration or construction industry is preferred, but not required
- Valid Drivers’ License and satisfactory driving record is MANDATORY
- Good verbal and written and communication skills, bi-lingual is a plus
- Good problem solving and customer service skills
- Knowledge of disaster restoration industry
- Must be able to prioritize activities and meet deadlines
- Experience with entering data using a tablet or mobile phone
- Report to work on time in a clean, complete uniform
- Read and follow product label usage instructions
- Possess a positive and team oriented attitude
- Certifications are preferred, but not required:
- FSRT – Fire & Smoke Restoration Technician
- OCT – Odor Control Technician
- WRT- Water Restoration Technician
We hire for attitude and train for skills! If you have the right attitude you will be able to grow with the company and take advantage of our career opportunities. We are willing to train you, but experience or certifications are definitely a plus.
We offer competitive compensation package, paid time off and holidays, health/vision/dental insurance, 401K, disability benefits, paid training.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Incumbent must be prepared to:
- Move up to 70 pounds often, by lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or otherwise repositioning objects.
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time. Lifting, squatting, crawling and crouching is required.
- Express or exchange ideas with others and receive and act on detailed information given.
- For safety reasons, respirators, which are used in certain situations, must be able to seal to your face.
- Inside and outside working conditions: The change of environment such as with or without air conditioning and heating.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. The Company reserves the right to modify this description in the future, with or without notice to the employee. This Job Description does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, and employment with the Company remains at will. These responsibilities are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.