Brooklyn based contractor in need of experienced Bookkeeper. Duties include: Collections, A/P, bank reconciliation, payroll, etc. Ideal candidate will have experience working with Quick books and service contracting software. Prefer having experience working for contracting companies, able to work independently, competent, good communication skills and strong computer skills.
- Bank reconciliation and balance and maintain accurate ledgers.
- Complete payments and control expenses by receiving payments, plus processing, verifying and reconciling invoices.
- Monitor cash flow and expenses by project and inquire about payments when overdue
- Verify and post receipts, collaborating with management and staff to resolve any discrepancies.
- Match purchase orders with invoices, create and process invoices
- Pay vendor invoices and track bank account balances
- Receive and apply payments, and update and track project status
- Project closing and reconciliation
- Manage and processing payroll.
- Coordinate bank deposits and report financial results on a regular basis to management
- Monitor office expenses, tally and enter customer receipts and credit card reconciliation
- Prepare reporting for quarterly review, along with payroll and financial reports working alongside an outside CPA.
- Monthly preparation of union financial reports.
- Employee Paid Time off, sick and personal day tracking.
- Five years’ experience working in accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll and payroll reports
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Extensive experience with data entry, record keeping and computer operation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel and QuickBooks and construction software
- Experience in payroll management.
- Experience in accounting services related to production projects
- Strong understanding of financial reporting
- 2 to 3 references within the past 3 years
- Based on experience.
- Medical benefits.