The HVAC Service Manager works closely with the Company Operations Manager to maintain the department’s budget and performance. The qualified candidate will aid in recruitment, retention and performance of HVAC technicians and the department. Day-to-day tasks would include assisting field technicians by providing support, product information, after-sale project management and holding them accountable for key performance indicators. They will also address questions and complaints from customers providing exceptional customer service and support.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain consistent contact with customers and vendors to address any business needs.
- Initiate and manage all promotional activities for HVAC products
- Maintain high technical knowledge of HVAC products
- Perform “trouble-shooting” for problems relating to HVAC products
- Coordinate purchase of items to meet specific customer needs
- Recommend to Purchasing Department new product additions and deletions to meet customer demands
- Assist clients with special requests and problems (supply information, resolve complaints)
- Prepare and present special quotations
- Gather competitive information
- Identify trends in customer satisfaction or dissatisfaction
- Attend sales and product review meetings
- Keep records as required
- Stay abreast of product developments, changes in local codes and consumer preferences
- Provide performance plans and feedback for assigned staff
- Monitor attendance of staff and make appropriate recommendations
- Assist in and/or perform all functions involving the hiring, promoting and releasing of staff
- Education and training duties as required
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned by the President of the company
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- College degree in related field or equivalent experience preferred
- Progressive management experience with demonstrated success
- Extensive HVAC product knowledge
- Computer knowledge and skills with the ability to learn Service Professor, Inc. business systems
- Ability to interact effectively with customers and staff members
- Ability to manage time effectively
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to working conditions that include working near loud, large heavy equipment and near moving mechanical parts and working outdoors in inclement weather conditions.
Service Professor, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
DISCLAIMER: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.