*Ask us about our $2,500 sign-on bonus available to qualified applicants!
Roles and Responsibilities
• Performs service/maintenance for residential and light commercial HVAC systems
• Assess systems to determine repair/replacement recommendations to clients
• Communicate to the customer, each service repair and replacement option prior to beginning work
• Ensure that the client is 100% satisfied with all work upon completion
• Offer customer HVAC system maintenance hints & tips to maintain system performance
• Participate in after-hours/weekend duty rotation.
Qualifications and Requirements
• HVAC experience a plus, but not necessary
• Service experience a plus, but not necessary
• Possess strong communication skills and technical competence
• Fluent in English (reading/writing)
• Able to pass DOT physical/drug screen and background check.
• Possess a valid driver's license with a solid driving record, and have the ability to obtain a chauffeur’s license
• Capable of working in confined spaces and be able to bend, lift, carry, stoop, crawl, sit, stand, drive, reach above, walk, push, pull, perform fine manipulation, and use hands frequently throughout the shift.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to working conditions that include working near loud, large heavy equipment and near moving mechanical parts and working outdoors in inclement weather conditions.
DISCLAIMER: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Service Professor, Inc. reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Service Professor, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Earn what you are worth by joining one of West Michigan's 101 Best & Brightest Companies to Work For! (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020)
Family-owned, with a 40-year legacy of exceeding customer expectations, Service Professor, Inc. has grown from a small hometown business to one of the largest home service repair companies in West Michigan! From our base near the Gerald R. Ford International Airport, we serve residential and commercial customers in 7 counties. We provide the absolute best electrical, plumbing, heating, and cooling service, and repair with a commitment to exemplary service as the driving force behind everything we do. Join a team built on transparency and integrity that stands behind the work they do. Google us! We have a 4.9 (out of 5) rating! We offer competitive pay, steady employment, 401(k) matching, and full benefits!
• Health Insurance
• Paid Holidays
• Paid Birthday
• Paid Time Off (PTO) up to 4 weeks
• 401(K) up to 4% match
• Group Life Insurance Provided
• Voluntary Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and Additional Life Insurance
• Gym Membership Reimbursement and In-house Gym