SERVICE PROFESSOR, INC. is looking for a determined and knowledgeable Plumbing Installer to continue our rapidly growing success of our Plumbing Division. We provide our employees a fun and challenging work environment with exciting opportunities.
Earn what you're worth by joining one of West Michigan's 101 Best & Brightest Companies to Work For! (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Family owned with a 40-year legacy of exceeding customer expectations, Service Professor has grown from a small hometown company to one of the largest home service repair companies in West Michigan! From our base near the Gerald R. Ford International Airport, we serve residential and commercial customers in 7 counties. We provide the very best electrical, plumbing, heating, and cooling service and repair with a commitment to exemplary service as the driving force behind everything we do. Join a team built on transparency and integrity that stands behind the work they do. Google us! We have a 4.8 (out of 5) rating! We offer competitive pay, steady employment, 401(k) matching and full benefits!
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Performs installation for residential and light commercial plumbing systems.
· Residential plumbing installations.
· Mentoring, Coaching and Teaching Apprentices.
· Explain the job before and after installation with the client to gain understanding.
· Ensure that the client is 100% satisfied with all work upon completion.
· Offer customer plumbing system maintenance hints & tips to maintain system performance.
· Maintains compliance with all regulatory and statutory regulations adhering to company safety policies.
· Maintains a clean and organized job site and work vehicle.
· Completes each job with focus on safety, a sense of urgency and with the utmost quality.
· Performs other related duties as required and assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements
· High School Diploma/GED
· Journeyman’s License (or eligible to test immediately) or Equivalent experience Required
· Able to obtain DOT
· 1+ Years of plumbing installation experience
· Must display strong communication skills and technical competence.
· Posses strong understanding of most recent codes.
· Must be fluent in English (reading/writing).
· Must have a valid driver's license and a clean driving record.
· Must be able to work in confined spaces and be able to bend, lift, carry, stoop, crawl, sit, stand, drive, reach above, walk, push, pull, fine manipulation, and use hands frequently.
· Must be able to pass both drug testing and background check
· 4 Years of residential electrical installation knowledge and experience preferred
SERVICE PROFESSOR BENEFITS
· Health Insurance
· Paid Holidays
· Paid Birthday
· Paid Time Off (PTO) up to 4 weeks
· 401(K) up to 4% match
· Group Life Insurance Provided
· Voluntary Short-Term Dis., Long-Term Dis., and Additional Life Ins.
· Gym Membership Reimbursement + An Inhouse Gym
· On-site Salad Bar Provided
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to working conditions that include working near loud, large heavy equipment and near moving mechanical parts and working outdoors in inclement weather conditions.
Service Professor, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
DISCLAIMER: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.