Experienced HVAC Technician
Service Legends Ankeny, IA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Summary of Position
Service Technicians perform thorough maintenance on all ages of equipment, with the ability to accurately diagnose heating and air conditioning system issues. They must be able to recognize potential breakdown issues before they happen and make the appropriate recommendations to the customer. Service Technicians must also be comfortable asking for money and deliver excellent communication skills.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- 2+ years of HVAC experience
- Basic sheet metal experience
- Basic Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) knowledge and experience
- NATE certifications preferred
- Sales experience preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent selling, communication and negotiation skills
- Basic mechanical aptitude
- Basic computer skills
- Skill in performing routine manual labor
- The ability to use various hand and power tools common to trade
- The ability to learn through observation and hands on experience
- The ability to follow routine, verbal, and written instructions
- The ability to communicate with team members and customers effectively
- Being capable of maintaining professional working relationships with team members
- The ability to understand, analyze, interpret, and implement ideas contained in technical documents, reports, regulations, etc.
- The ability to perform basic mathematical functions
Physical Demands / Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 150 pounds. The employee must be comfortable working in tight spaces for an extended period of time in attics and crawl spaces as needed. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; extreme cold and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Starting wage of $21.00- $45.00 per hour (DOE) + Bonus/Incentives
- Hours: 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (flexible start and end times depending on business needs)
- Days: M-F with occasional weekends
- We offer a competitive compensation & benefit package for employees and their families including medical, dental, vision, long and short-term disability, life insurance plus the option to buy up, 401k with 4% match, $150 company allowance (annually), paid time off (up to 5 weeks) and holiday pay (8 days). We pride ourselves in having an excellent working environment. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to affirmative action and diversity
Candidates must successfully pass a drug test, reference checks, and background check prior to being hired.
It is the policy of Service Legends, Inc. not to discriminate based on race, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, disability, religion, or age in its programs or employment practices.
***$3,000 Offer for Relocation***
Living in Des Moines
We think living and working in Des Moines is pretty awesome, but don't just take our word for it. Nationally, Des Moines, Iowa has been recognized in a variety of ways, proving it is a great place for many reasons.
Here's what they're saying about us:
- List of Des Moines Rankings (October 3, 2019)
- Things to do in Des Moines, Iowa (August 14, 2019)
- Des Moines ranked 5th best place to live in the U.S. (April 11, 2019)
- Des Moines, one of the happiest cities in America (March 12, 2018)
- One of the most artistic towns in America ( February 14, 2018)
- Des Moines named one of the hottest Iowa destinations (January 30, 2018)
- Des Moines is named IFEA World Festival and Event city (September 14, 2017)
“There’s no shortage of things to do in Des Moines. Pick from free festivals and hundreds of miles of trails. Enjoy an outdoor concert in the heart of downtown. Sip on something local at a winery or brewery tour. This is a city with 15 public golf courses, an outdoor ice skating rink, and live horse racing. A place where you can rent a stand up paddle board at Gray’s Lake and enjoy a Broadway musical at the Des Moines Civic Center. Greater Des Moines offers family-friendly fun at attractions like Adventureland Park and the Science Center of Iowa. It’s a city with no shortage of events and activities, no matter the season. Catch all it has to offer.” Catch Des Moines
Service LegendsWhy Work Here?
We have a reputation for hiring great team members and giving them the tools, training, encouragement and opportunities to become LEGENDARY!
Trust us, you’ve never worked at a place like Service Legends. To say we’re just a heating and cooling company doesn’t do us justice. We’re fun, quirky, ambitious, driven, and love a good dad joke. We love our team members and understand that you are the key ingredient to our success. When you grow, we grow. We believe personal and professional growth are equally as important as business growth and we'll be encouraging it at every step. It's also an integral part of your job. That's why we aim to help you in every possible way to achieve your own personal career objectives and increase the depth and breadth of your experience. We want you to succeed so that you can help us go the extra mile for our clients.
6365 NE 14th StreetAnkeny, IA