Our vision is a world in which every customer becomes a customer for life.
Are you a driven product owner looking for a fun environment? Do you have 3 years or more experience working as a Product Owner? Do you enjoy digging in and taking charge? Do you enjoy a relaxed and fast-paced work environment? If yes, Service Fusion may be the place for you! Check us out…
Founded in late 2014, Service Fusion serves over 2,000 customers in over 20 residential and commercial service verticals. The company's award-winning field service management solution combines lightning-fast work order entry, intelligent scheduling and dispatching, instant invoicing, integrated payments, and advanced reporting with real-time communication via field worker and customer mobile applications.
The Product Owner is the voice of the customer. As a product owner, you will be responsible for the team-level activities that drive our software development life cycle across both of our product platforms, including but not limited to requirements gathering, story writing, backlog management, prioritization, and delivery management.
The Product Owner is primarily responsible for the following functions:
- Collaborate with other departments like sales, marketing, management, support, customer success teams, UI/UX, development, documentation, and training in order to keep everyone in the know and better enablement of well-informed decisions
- Research and analytics - work with internal and external stakeholders to gather feedback and requirements to help build high-level business cases and specifications
- Break down features to stories and tasks
- Define stories and tasks with user stories, acceptance criteria, workflows, mockups, specifications
- Groom, prioritize, and manage product backlog with business values, customer feedback, and strategies in mind
- Must demonstrate business value and measurable KPI’s
- Work with scrum team to ensure quality and timely delivery
- Execution of process flow improvements to ensure the scrum team works like a well-oiled machine
- Communicate effectively, often, and professionally with internal and external stakeholders to prevent issues with delivery, prevent miscommunications and confusion, and manage expectations
- Attendance and participation of grooming, sprint planning, standups, and other ceremonies
- Sprint and release planning/tracking
- Customer interviews as needed
- Product defect management
- Remain knowledgeable on all Service Fusion products
- Consistently meet or exceed performance metrics
- Administer the value of products
- Collaborate with peers and clients on projects
- Drive continuous improvement of software
- Other duties as assigned
- Internal – Product team, Development team, Sales team, QA team, and all other SF staff
- External – Dispatchers, owners, service managers, general managers, technicians
This role requires flexibility in hours available for work Monday – Friday and is not a remote position. There are opportunities for flexibility to allow occasional remote work. The environment is relaxed with an abundance of high performers. The employee should be in the office for accessibility to the clients and for regular communication with staff. The employee must assure sound and open communications between themselves, staff, and the clients of Service Fusion.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required
- 3 to 5 years of experience as a product owner in SaaS is required; bachelor’s degree is a plus
- Operational experience preferred: ideally has worked as a Product Owner in the industry of Field Services
- Must be extremely data-driven and analytical
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work in both team and independent structures
- High adaptability to change
- Change management and implementation experience
- Experience with mockup software like Balsamiq, Axure, Sketch, InVision (low fidelity wireframes), etc.
- Experience with issue trackers like Jira, Rally, Aha!, etc.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills with proven track record of quickly building credibility both internally and externally and successfully partnering with cross-functional teams
- Excellent and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional time management and organizational abilities
- Commitment to collegial and collaborative relationships with staff and leadership
- Adherence to Service Fusion’s policies and procedures
- Commitment to ongoing personal growth and development
- Demonstrated experience in office administration, file maintenance, data entry, spreadsheet analysis, and reporting
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal ability, problem-solving, flexibility/adaptability, multi-tasking, communication, research, analysis, and time-management skills
- Personal qualities of strong ethics, ability to do more with less, humility, self-awareness (almost to a fault) and commitment to the mission of Service Fusion.
- Additional preferred skills: CSPO or POPM certified; (highly preferred)
70k - 90k annual salary with performance bonuses.
100% company paid health, dental, vision, and life insurance for the employee.