Position Summary: Open, close, and maintain graves and mausoleums in accordance with Company policies, and state and federal regulations.
Essential Job Functions:
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Open & close cemetery properties (graves, mausoleums, crypts, & niches) by using proper procedures, tools and equipment, and safety regulations.
- Locate and work with graves, crypts, and niches anywhere within the Park.
- Safely drive company vehicles and equipment onto and off of cemetery lawns.
- Read and understand interment orders.
- Read and understand information printed on the Interment List/Cards.
- Work according to safety standards set by the Company, state, and federal regulations. Report unsafe equipment, tools, machines, and practices to management.
- Respond timely to work order requests, and interact with employees at all levels with tact and courtesy.
- Work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to multi-task, set priorities, and organize work.
- Understand and achieve annual SMART goals.
- Continually strive to improve through education and experience. Maintain a continuous development plan and make steady, ongoing progress toward skill enhancement.
- Project a favorable image of the company to promote its’ goals, and to enhance public recognition and acceptance of all its efforts.
- Report to work on time and maintain standard attendance.
- Experience in landscaping, general construction, warehouse, physical labor demonstrating steady employment
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
Valid CA Driver’s License
Ability to use hand tools and Equipment
Mechanical skill and ability to perform minor adjustments and repairs
Good interpersonal skills to relate well with grieving people
Ability to lift/carry up to 100 lbs (sometimes without the assistance of power equipment - pre-employment physical and lift test will be administered).