Our Chicago Market is looking for a Market Management Assistant to join their team and support the Market Managing Director.
Our Market Management Assistant will provide support with special projects, research, and problem resolution. In addition, they will schedule and coordinate meetings, draft memos, transcribe notes, create presentations, generate reports, and prepare and monitor invoices and expenses.
This opportunity requires a high level of integrity and discretion, as it will be privileged to highly confidential market information.
The chosen candidate will need to have extensive support experience in a professional environment.
- Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics
- Conserves Managing Director’s time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating
- Maintains Managing Director’s appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and
- Prepares reports by collecting and analyzing
- Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems; recording meeting
- Maintains office supplies inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; evaluating new office products; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional
- Distribute and cascade down the hierarchy of market leader directives, bulletins and decisions that impact the division and/or market
- Assist the Managing Director in review of budgets and consolidate for submission to the corporate budget office
- Co-ordinates project-based work
- Process accounts payable and other accounting support transactions as required
- Maintain processes to ensure compliance with policies and procedures including SOX administration and audit
- Reviews operating practices and implement improvements where necessary
- Train others on policies, procedures and new company initiatives
- Provides guidance on company enterprise systems including: Workday, HMIS, Spendsmart
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as
- Liaises with the external customer and internal staff at all levels
High school diploma or GED equivalent minimum with Associates Degree or above preferred
Minimum Six (6) years of experience working in a customer-focused and fast-paced professional environment supporting senior leadership position.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have advanced computer, internet and word processing skills
- Working knowledge of office equipment including calculators, copiers, printers, fax machines, telephone console
- Effective professional communication skills both orally and in writing
- Answering telephone with professional courteously and in a polite manner with a goal to meet or exceed internal and external customer
- High level of compassion and integrity
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to multi task and set priorities
- Flexible in changing priorities throughout the day
- Detail oriented
- Must be able to follow instructions and work with minimal supervision
- Creative and organized
- Excellent customer service skills
- High energy
- Understands confidentiality matters and documents
- Minimal travel may be required
- Professional attire and presentation