SCI is certified as a Great Place to Work by the Great Place to Work Institute. In a recent survey, our associates said that their work has special meaning and is not "just a job". We currently have a part time opening for an Administrative Assistant at Olinger Crown Hill Mortuary & Cemetery in Wheat Ridge, CO. This is the opportunity to be part of the Dignity Memorial provider network and grow your career in the funeral, cremation and cemetery services business. For us, there is no greater responsibility than celebrating each life like no other and making a difference in the lives of people we serve.
Provides administrative support to a market office, funeral home, cemetery, crematory or a combination of these facilities. Assists with special projects, research, and resolving problems. Schedules meetings, drafts memos, transcribes notes, and creates presentations, generates reports, and prepares and monitors invoices and expenses.
Management Administrative Support
- General office duties include, but are not limited to:
- Answers phones, giving information to callers or redirecting calls as appropriate
- Schedules meetings
- Time Entry
- Makes travel arrangements
- Plans events
- Completes management expense reports
- Responds to inquiries in writing and/or verbally
- Other duties may include:
- Assists on special projects and other duties as assigned by the management team
- Pulls monthly reports from reporting site and creates spreadsheets for stack rankings and tracking of key performance indicators
- Processes annual funeral home and cemetery license renewals
- Codes and scans of invoices
- Coordinates Sarbanes Oxley compliance
- Schedules call-in appointments for Sales
Staff Administrative Support
- Reviews and processes all required documentation and performs day to day administrative duties for funeral services/ burials and/or cremations in accordance with policies and procedures
- Files and maintains customer information for both new business and previous customers
- Maintains office and facility supplies as well as fax machines, copiers and network printers.
- Prepares Daily Schedules (Services, Who's Up, etc.)
- Assists Human Resources (HR) with investigations, note taking and other documents
- Administers HR processes including new hire paperwork, background checks and bonus processing
- Schedules new associates for new hire orientation
- Maintains Market Leader files as necessary
- Enters contract details into HMIS and maintain other related documents.
- Orders and checks memorial to ensure accuracy.
- Works with pre-need arrangements and completes administrative paperwork.
- Assists in preparing and generating required reports
- Processes accounts payable and other accounting support transactions
- Maintains processes to ensure compliance with policies and procedures including SOX administration and audit
- Trains others on policies, procedures and new company initiatives
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Receives incoming telephone calls and assist callers with any questions or comments, direct calls to appropriate team members.
- May serve as Receptionist to greet and receive client families and / or other persons entering the office for information and assistance.
- Maintains a friendly attitude offering assistance and guidance to all persons entering the location
- High school diploma or GED equivalent