Senior HR Business Partner (Senior Team Member Experience Partner)
Position Title: Senior Team Member Experience PartnerEmployment Status: Full-timeReports to: Team Member Experience ManagerAgency Division: People & CultureFLSA Status: Exempt
SCI Summary: SCI supports people with disabilities, behavioral challenges, medically complex needs, transitioning youth, the elderly, and other populations using Maryland Department of Health's Targeted Case Management and Supports Planning work models as well as a concierge level geriatric care management and care partner model.
Position Summary: The Senior Team Member Experience Partner will primarily be responsible for partnering with the TME Manager to ensure daily functions for the People and Culture Department. This role will be focused on all aspects of the Team Member Experience, including Team Member relations, performance management, onboarding, offboarding, compliance, and other People and Culture related initiatives. The Senior Team Member Experience Partner will engage in cross-functional People and Culture duties and contribute to the organizational goals and objectives of the department.
SCI Team Member Expectations: All SCI team members are expected to: Ensure services provided follow the organization's mission statement, core operating values and policies and procedures. follow HIPAA, confidentiality and security procedures and principles; collaborate with peers, leadership, and support areas of the organization; actively participate in and contribute to leadership and other staff meetings and trainings; maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations; follow self-direction and person-centered planning procedures and philosophy; and to foster a culture that values diversity.
- Partner with TME Manager(s) and SCI leaders and their teams at multiple levels to execute People and Culture strategies and activities that foster growth, innovation, and organizational effectiveness. This includes assisting and collaborating on the design and implementation of programs, processes, and tools to help set managers and Team Members up for success
- Work in conjunction with the TME Manager to partner and coach leaders and Team Members on ensuring advocacy and fairness
- Provide mentoring to the Team Member Experience Partner(s).
- Work closely with all Team Members to drive and sustain culture initiatives that focus on engagement, positive work environment, increased productivity, and retention.
- Work in conjunction with the TME Manager to coach leadership in handling conversations regarding career growth, performance management, compensation, and equity
- Provide information on best practices to assist in updating and distributing SCI's People and Culture policies and procedures and the SCI Team Member Handbook.
- Assist Team Members and leadership to answer questions or concerns regarding company policies, practices, and regulations
- Successfully coach and counsel leaders on maintaining positive Team Member relations and serve as primary point of contact on leading investigations and determining resolutions for a wide range of people-related issues, including scheduling meetings, taking notes, drafting Disciplinary Actions, drafting Executive Summary and Next Steps
- Establish and maintain electronic Team Member Relations folders and all related correspondences
- Collaborate with People and Culture team to champion an environment where we can inspire and develop all people to do their best work
- Work in conjunction with the TME Manager(s) in developing and delivering along with the SCI leadership disciplinary actions and Performance Improvement Plans (PIP), as needed
- Proactively identify opportunities and assess improvements to the Team Member's experience and collaboratively develop and implement innovative and effective solutions
- Consult on staffing, compensation, training, performance management, manager capability, and compliance
- Identify legal requirements and government reporting regulations and maintain current knowledge of laws and regulations that pertain to HR (e.g., OSHA, EEO, ERISA, FMLA and Wage and Hour). Handle the preparation of information requested or required for compliance
- This position will also provide guidance and consulting to organizational leaders on Team Member performance and processes. This includes:
- Provide guidance and approval of performance appraisals, development and coaching efforts, and performance management processes with an equitable and supportive approach
- Collaborate with People & Culture and Finance staff to ensure FMLA, leave of absence, and disability needs are met and in compliance with employment regulations.
- Respond to unemployment claims and other connected administrative and compliance needs.
- Perform other People and Culture related duties and special projects as assigned
- This role does not have supervisory duties.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Psychology or Business Administration/Management or relevant experience
- SHRM or PHR/SPHR certification preferred
- Minimum 7 years of experience in various facets of People and Culture:
- Employee relations
- Performance management
- Compensation and benefits
SCI Value Related Competencies:
- People Come First (Customer Focus): Thinks and acts with people we support in mind when making decisions. Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external shareholders, uses information and feedback to improve services.
- Building Relationships and Connections: Interpersonal savvy. Relates to all kinds of people. Builds appropriate rapport, uses diplomacy and tact, diffuses high-tension situations comfortably. Establishes and maintains meaningful connections within the community and the organization (internal and external stakeholders)
- Education (Informing Others): Quickly finds common ground to solve problems. Is seen as a cooperative team player. Provides coaching and mentoring to team members. Consistent communicator, provides team members with the tools they need to perform their jobs in a timely manner. Explores all available options to make the best decision for internal and external holders
- Diversity: Values, appreciates and honors the ways in which cultural differences can create value in organizations. Is service oriented: Demonstrates a commitment to the philosophies for services and the goal of independence for the people we serve. Raises awareness in communities to appreciate the similarities and unique gifts of each person. Interacts with all kinds of team members equitably, deals effectively with all races, nationalities, cultures, disabilities, ages, and genders, supports equal and fair treatment and opportunity for all.
- Driving Solutions (Perseverance): Pursues all initiatives with energy, drive, and the goal to succeed.
- Problem solving: Using a solution-based approach, identify options and workable solutions
- Learning Strategies: Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things
- Judgment and Decision Making: Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one
- Speaking: Talking to others to convey information effectively
- Active Learning: Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making
- Achievement: Striving to accomplish high goals or standards
- Time Management: Identifying and establishing priorities
- Initiative: Taking action without being told to do so
- Trustworthiness: Securing the confidence of others through consistent words and actions
- Respect for others: Working to understand and empathize with the position of others
- Interpersonal communication: Interacting effectively with others to convey thoughts and ideas
- Building Relationships: Establishing and maintaining positive rapport with others
- Service Orientation: Responding to others in a timely manner to satisfy their needs
- Teamwork: Working cooperatively with others to accomplish goals or objectives
- Dependability: Reliably following through on commitments made to others
- Flexibility: Willingness to take alternative actions given appropriate justification
- Detail Orientation: Attending to all steps and follow-ups necessary to accomplish a task
- Professionalism: Conducting oneself with high standards and integrity, maintaining confidential information
- Planning: Looking forward in addressing tasks to anticipate steps and contingencies
- Stress Tolerance: Maintaining stable performance under the pressures of work or life
- Work Attitude: Approaching work with a positive "can do" mindset
Physical Demands: Generally, presents standard office environment. Must be able to remain in a stationary position >95% of the time. Continually operates a computer, keyboard and mouse, and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, printer, and mobile Smartphone device. Constantly positions self to comfortably maintain computer equipment. May occasionally be required to move about in an office setting or position office equipment weighing between 10-25 pounds. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Ability to operate a motor vehicle. The person in this position frequently communicates with other people. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. This job description is subject to change at any time.
*SCI does not sponsor for immigration, including for H1B, TN, and other non-immigrant visas, for this role.
Service Coordination, Inc.Rockville, MD
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.