As a Screening Guard, you will be the first person people interact with at the assigned Client site.
• This outdoors post will observe all personnel entering facility when suspected of carrying weapons, showing hostility, or being
• Operate and enforce a system of personnel identification. Perform package inspections when directed to
• Conduct internal and external patrols in accordance with established routes and schedules.
• Direct traffic (vehicle and pedestrian) when needed and control parking.
• Monitor and operate building fire alarm and intrusion/panic alarm detection systems and other protection
devices or building equipment.
• Observe building occupants and visitors for compliance with posted rules and regulations. Monitor
surveillance cameras if applicable.
• Maintain law and order within the areas of assignment.
• Discover and detain persons attempting to gain unauthorized access to the property.
• Report daily, in accordance with standard operating procedures, potentially hazardous conditions and
items in need of repair, including inoperative lights, leaky faucets, toilet stoppages, broken or slippery floor
• Turn off unnecessary lights, check safes and locking repositories and cabinets, open and secure doors and
• Prepare required reports as instructed. Perform routine clerical duties associated with position.
• Perform other functions as needed in the event of situation or occurrence such as civil disturbances or
other criminal acts adversely affecting the security and safety of the Government, its employees, property and
the general public lawfully on buildings or grounds under the control of the client.
• Provide lay assistance and obtain professional assistance in accordance with procedures in the event of
injury or illness to client employees or others while in the building or grounds.
• Provide monthly (live) testing of building intrusion alarm, motion detector and panic/duress alarm system,
and provide documentation to client.
• Perform routine safety and security inspections of the site and grounds, and conduct accident
investigations and document findings to the client.
• Monitor daily and test monthly all emergency exit signs and lighting. Document findings and inform client
of defective equipment.
• Assist in conducting fire and disaster drills as directed by client.
• Immediately notify authorities as instructed during serious incidents.
• Other duties as assigned
• Must be a U.S. Citizen or authorized to legally work in the United States
• Must have a H.S. Diploma or equivalent
• 2 years experience in security, military, correctional facility, prison guard
• Proficient in the English language, both orally and written
• Shows mature judgment, reliability, dependability, tactfulness and self-control
• Ability to retain composure and perform under pressure and to know when to call for assistance
• Ability to meet and deal effectively with the general public
• Ability to give instructions clearly and concisely, firmly but diplomatically
• Capable of detaining person(s) while local police are notified and arrive
• Ability to construct and write clear, concise, accurate, and detailed reports
• Must have computer experience and the ability to type simple word processing documents to prepare
reports and daily journals
• Must possess skills in telephone etiquette and office organization skills
• Ability to wear and use all protective equipment
• Must be able to pass background check
• Must be able to pass random drug screen
• Physically able to perform all general duties, functions, and activities and pass a physical exam
• Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties
• Standing, walking, sitting, stooping, kneeling, climb (running when necessary)
• Ability to work in extreme weather like rain, snow, and extreme heat or cold
• Must possess good vision, depth perception, distinguish basic colors
• Ability to listen and communicate effectively through clear speech and hearing