Serious Injury Law Group PC Birming Birmingham, AL
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: medical, vision, dental,
Serious Injury Law Group
Alabama Injury Law Firm Focused on providing Serious Results
SILG is in search of an Office Manager. The Office Manager is responsible for administering all local functions and services in support of the attorneys and support staff in both the Birmingham and Montgomery offices. Home office will be located in Birmingham and the Office Manager will travel to Montgomery per schedule that will be established.
The Office Manager will coordinate with the firm's centralized functions, including operations, facilities, Human Resources, oversee IT, bookkeeper, business development/marketing, and intake department.
The Office Manager will report to the owners of SILG. All secretarial, receptionist, intake specialists and paralegals will report to the Office Manager.
• Oversee and direct all management functions and department responsibilities for the office including human resources, administrative support, facilities, intake, oversee bookkeeper, information systems, and business development.
• Act as liaison for the Office Managing Partner in regard to office issues. (Birmingham and Montgomery).
• Build and maintain vendor relationships: negotiation of rates; prompt approval and processing of payments; resolution of billing discrepancies; oversight of office supplies and services being provided.
• Ensure high standards for office cleaning, maintenance, and support.
• Coordinate with Owners in the recruiting, hire and orientation of attorneys and staff.
• Responsible for the management of the non-attorney professional staff in the Birmingham and Montgomery offices.
• Establish and maintain employee relationship management to ensure process and procedures are being adhered to and oversee case management for all practice areas.
• Propose and conduct disciplinary and counseling meetings; develop performance improvement plans; assess training needs and propose development opportunities.
• Manage annual processes, including evaluations, open enrollment, salary reviews, bonus recommendations and payments.
• Evaluate non-attorney staffing requirements and make recommendations in coordination with the Managing Office Partner.
• Optimize utilization of existing paralegals and office staff to meet attorney needs; coordinate and authorize all staff time off; review and approve timesheets.
• Responsible for coordinating prompt response to emergency facility and staffing issues, maintaining updated evacuation and safety procedures; contributing to the firm's disaster recovery planning.
• Recommend improvements to existing systems and procedures to ensure efficient and cost effective use of staffing, equipment and software.
• Organize and conduct staff and departmental meetings as needed; responsible for marketing appearances and coordination; responsible for all office social events and functions.
• A minimum of five years of progressive management experience overseeing the daily operation and administration of a professional office environment, preferably in legal or other professional services industry.
• Excellent administrative and organizational skills, with proven ability to produce results and meet deadlines.
• Ability to interact and communicate with all levels of professionals, management and staff, demonstrating the ability to elicit cooperation, teamwork and service in a fast-paced environment.
• Fundamental knowledge and experience managing operational departments such as marketing, finance, human resources, technology, facilities, etc.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
• Strong team management and leadership skills, with a proven ability to develop and lead in a client service-focused environment.
• Highly effective communications skills and ability to communicate credibly and diplomatically with all levels in an organization.
• Ability to anticipate and to strategically address challenges.
• Ability to independently assess internal firm needs and to develop and lead responsive solutions.
• Strong sense of accountability, taking ownership over projects and responsibilities and resolving issues proactively.
• Ability to maintain professionalism under pressure.
Preferred: Bachelor's Degree from a recognized institution with major coursework in Business Administration, Management, Finance, Human Resources, Technology, Marketing, Law, or related field. Substantial and relevant work experience may be substituted for a Bachelor's Degree.
Travel Requirements: Up to 10% per year between both offices.
Interested applicants should submit their resume and cover letter to: Angela Louis, email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
Serious Injury Law Group
Birmingham South, 9617 Parkway E., Birmingham South, AL 35215
Montgomery, 418 Scott Street, Montgomery, AL 36104
Serious Injury Law Group PC BirmingWhy Work Here?
This firm has great benefits, reasonable hours requirements, commitment to diversity and it's an extremely pleasant place to work.
9617 Parkway East BirminghamBirmingham, AL
BusinessView all jobs at Serious Injury Law Group PC Birming