Senior Database Administrator Specialist
- Posted: over a month ago
Title: Senior Database Administrator Specialist
Location: Baltimore, MD
Duration: 5 Years
- Define file organization, indexing methods, and security procedures for database and applications.
- Develop, implement, and maintain database back-up and recovery procedures for the processing environments, and ensure data integrity, security, and recoverability.
- Install, manage, monitor, tune, and patch Oracle 12c databases and associated Oracle 12c products and applications.
- Implement, manage, and update Oracle Grid Control 12c.
- Monitor all servers and application environments for operation and security.
- Assist in the design, installation, and configuration of new and existing servers and their operating environments.
- Assist in the definition of best data center practices for the Oracle environment.
- Provide weekly status reports which include, but are not limited to:
- Tasks Completed
- Tasks Planned
- Perform other duties related to MLDS database administration as assigned by the Contract Manager.
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related scientific or technical discipline or three (3) years of equivalent experience in a related field.
- Must have six (6) years of experience in DBMS systems analysis and programming
- At least three (3) years of experience in using current DBMS technologies, application design utilizing various database management systems and experience with DBMS internals.
- Five (5) years of experience installing, upgrading, and migrating Oracle 12c Business Intelligence and Oracle Security Suite.
- Five (5) years of experience reading Entity Relationship Diagrams (ERD), dimensional models, and translating into table structures, keys, and indexes.
- Five (5) years of experience reading and writing SQL and PL/SQL code.
- Five (5) years of experience using Enterprise Manager to monitor system performance.
- Five (5) years of experience writing batch programs using the alerts and scheduler features to create automatic monitoring and management processes.
- Five (5) years of experience opening, closing, copying, importing and exporting SQL in Oracle databases.
- Five (5) years of experience identifying and tuning both operating systems and Oracle Database Systems.
- Five (5) years of experience with database backup and recovery.
- Five (5) years of experience setting up and performing snapshots and replication.
- Five (5) years of experience setting up and managing Oracle Real Application Clusters.
- Five (5) years of experience managing and monitoring application output logs.
- Five (5) years of experience with Oracle support filing technical assistance requests or service requests.
Powered by JazzHR
TechnologyView all jobs at Serigor Inc.