Finance Business Analyst- Mid Level (Hybrid)
Job Title: Finance Business Analyst- Mid Level (Hybrid)
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Duration: 12+ Months
The Finance Business Analyst is responsible for providing systems support to the following offices: Purchasing, Accounts Payable, Budget Office, Contracts & Grants, Financial Reporting, Financial Services, Business Services and other areas as needed. The contractor is responsible for the oversight of all Finance systems; this includes functional system setup and maintenance, project implementations, testing, business analysis and process mapping, process improvement activities, and managing and maintaining documentation and procedures.
The Finance Business Analyst serves as the functional subject matter expert for the University's Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, Ellucian Banner (Finance modules). The candidate will work closely with the Finance business offices to support all regulatory, compliance, strategic, and enterprise initiatives. The position will work with a team of business analysts that serve as Banner functional subject matter experts focused on supporting strategic initiatives, enterprise projects/programs, and business enhancements. In addition to these significant areas of responsibility, the Finance Business Analyst serves on committees, task forces, and workgroups as assigned.
- Serve as the liaison between the Financial Business offices and IT. Serve as the primary contact for Banner Finance issues.
- Provide support by trouble shooting problems with Finance reports, processes, databases and applications.
- Review the working details and technical operations of Banner Finance and related financial systems, ensuring data integrity and accuracy.
- Analysis of the design and flow of forms and data. Review of changes requested by the user.
- Recommendations for system modifications.
- Documentation of system modifications stating the problem and requested action.
- Designing and writing ad hoc reports using fourth generation reporting tools.
- Identify and resolve problem areas within an existing system.
- Assists in the development of financial, operational, and management reporting.
- Primary Web Focus developer for Finance reports
- Serve as functional technical lead over Ellucian Banner Finance, HR/Payroll, and Student
- Accounts modules.
- Apply generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) (General Ledger, Purchasing and A/P, etc.) and governmental accounting standards.
- Stay knowledgeable of and apply the laws and regulations pertaining to governmental financial operations in higher education.
- Consult with clients, technicians and other analysts to provide solutions and resolve technical problems.
- Gather and maintain functional requirements documents and test plans.
- Develop, foster and maintain a good working relationships with campus entities to resolve related technical issues.
- Serve as a resource to departments in assessing additional technical needs related to Finance, HR/Payroll, and Student Accounts areas.
- Must have the ability to train staff members within various areas and varying degrees of complexity.
- Must make recommendations to noted areas to promote process efficiency and effectiveness.
- Responsible for developing and monitoring project plans to ensure tasks are competed per outlined standards and guidelines.
- Conduct workshops/training sessions for internal users of a system and external users and external users -campus wide.
Technical Solution Development
- This position requires experience in design and support of an integrated application system spanning an entire university or multiple business units;
- Demonstrate an in depth understanding of Finance, HR/Payroll, and Student Accounts business processes and systems.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of Banner ERP Finance, HR/Payroll, and Student Accounts modules and impact of system upgrades and changes in technology.
- Coordinate and participate in all tasks, projects, and implementations that involve technological projects which affect Finance.
- Create and maintain documentation for analysis, design, development, testing, and implementation activities.
- Test code, applications, systems per requirements and specifications, using industry best practice and department standards.
- Configure and Administer ancillary applications to support business needs.
- Implementing and updating automation of regular and ad hoc reports. Lead projects of medium complexity.
- Must be able to interact and maintain working relationships with supporting areas in providing production support, resolving and troubleshooting system and business rule problems.
- Recommend system and functional modifications to aid in developing technical solutions, investigating alternative methods for solving problems of varying complexities.
- Identify jobs/processes that could be automated and work on their automation.
- Establish standards for user access and authorize and setup Banner finance security for all new access; review overall security periodically to determine appropriateness and minimize finance risks.
- Coordinate with Financial Services staff and outside entities such as software service providers for upgrades and maintenance of the University's information systems insuring that all interfaces are working properly.
- Assist Finance and Administration in the preparation of the financial statement reports.
Required / Desired
Ellucian Banner knowledge of Finance, Human Resources and or Payroll
Jaggaer eProcurement and Contracts +
Evisions Map, Intelle Check, FormFusion
Finance Data Mart
Serigor Inc.Winston-Salem, NC
BusinessView All Serigor Inc. Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.