Serigor Inc. Atlanta, GA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Director- IT
Location: Atlanta, GA
Duration: 09 Months (Possible Extension)
The Client will lead all data and technology management efforts for the Client. The Client will serve as the leader and a working member of the Information Technology Management Leadership team. In this role, the Client will be responsible for the design and implementation of data and technology platforms that effectively support the vast information needs of Client and the constituents we serve. The role reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer, and together with her and her leadership team the Client will champion a culture of innovation, insights and proven delivery across the Department.
The Client’s chief role is to make data accessible, usable, interoperable, and actionable across the enterprise, while supporting and enabling the performance and resilience of the systems and platforms that house and support it.
The goals and objectives of this role include, but are not limited to:
Building a robust enterprise data strategy to support data and analytics needs
Building a comprehensive technology strategy and operating model to enable and support the data and information needs of the Department
Infusing a culture of data and analytics through enhanced data governance, data quality and management
Modernizing technology infrastructure to support agency operations, data management and advanced analytics.
Primary Activities / Responsibilities:
- Lead the effort behind Data and Technology strategy by interpreting data insights and assisting the teams in converting these insights into actionable strategies.
- Collaborate with the Director of Informatics and Director of Technology to harmonize our systems architecture and overall technology stack to support an effective Data management, Insights, and Analytics function
- Collaborate with functional stakeholder groups and the Director of Technology to identify, build and support automation solutions that increase the efficiency and effectiveness of business processes
- Build partnerships with key stakeholders at the State and District Level to identify analytical needs and gaps, challenge the status quo, improve data literacy, execute ad hoc requests, and develop self-service dashboard and visualization tools
- Create strategies and policies for improving data quality, including by enhancing business processes by applying modern data management tools and practices
- Improve the quality of the data upon which the Client relies by improving the methods used to collect data, and facilitating the availability of data assets across Client
- Identify, develop and direct analyses that inform and improve policymaking and rulemaking
- Collaborate across the Agency to ensure that data is valued as a strategic asset
- Oversee the daily operations, planning and execution of activities to support Georgia Client’s mission, including advancing departmental technology management, personnel data management and analytic skill sets and training, exploring new technologies, maintaining productive relationships with stakeholders, managing budgetary and talent functions, complying with requirements, analyzing and implementing policies, and ensuring best practices on data and technology architecture matters.
- Govern Enterprise Data Assets - Ensure data is available, reliable, consistent, accessible, secure, and timely to support the mission and activities of the agency; Lead the Enterprise Data Council, including establishing strategic direction and leading the drafting and execution of relevant data governance and analytics strategies.
- Serve as the Department’s Liaison to the Data Analysis Community and Consultant for Technical Expertise - Provide expertise on all new major data-related or data-intensive initiatives. Collaborate with industry experts, academia, other branches of government and the public to promote Department data and data services. This includes participating in events to promote department data and staying current on the most cutting-edge data technology.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in Information Technology, Mathematics, Decision Sciences, Business or equivalent is required
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 12 years of experience working with business leadership and leading multidisciplinary project teams
- Experience in life sciences and health care with a familiarity of Government and Public sector
- Must have experience in Enterprise applications and Cloud
- Deep understanding of data analytics and how to apply them into successful strategies
- Experience leading and influencing stakeholders with data-driven insights.
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen
- Ability to navigate a matrixed organization with key stakeholders and partners across various groups
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), facilitation and interpersonal skills
- Experience with compliance management (PII, PHI, GDPR etc.)
- Extensive understanding of the analysis, design, hands-on development and delivery of data centric solutions
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new informatics systems and technologies. Broad knowledge of data processing systems and concepts
- Min 6-8 years building, developing, and managing enterprise Business Intelligence platforms, database technologies, and visualization tools
- Min 4-6 years’ experience leading technical teams of staff and contractors to deliver large-scale analytics and business intelligence projects which require extensive collaboration in a matrixed organization
- Min 4-6 years hands-on experience in business intelligence roles working specifically with the business, producing analytical reports and dashboards, performing predictive analytics, executing ad hoc analyses, etc
Required / Desired
Bachelor’s degree or greater in Information Technology, Mathematics, Decision Sciences, Business
Experience working with business leadership and leading multidisciplinary project teams
Experience in life sciences and health care with a familiarity of Government and Public sector
Must have experience in Enterprise applications and Cloud
Deep understanding of data analytics and how to apply them into successful strategies
Experience building, developing, and managing enterprise Business Intelligence platforms, database technologies, and visualization tools
Experience leading technical teams of staff and contractors to deliver large-scale analytics and business intelligence projects
Experience in business intelligence roles working specifically with the business, producing analytical reports and dashboards
Experience with compliance management (PII, PHI, GDPR etc.)
Powered by JazzHR
TechnologyView all jobs at Serigor Inc.