Serenity Path is seeking a Licensed Alcohol And Drug Counselor (LADC) or ADC-T to join our team! You will be responsible for implementing effective treatment plans to clients in an individual or group setting. Counselor will be expected build a rapport with clients, staff, family, and local community; able to work independently, and be a team player. Counselors will work from the principles of the Twelve Steps Minnesota model of treatment, motivational interviewing and the 12 core functions. Counselors will be responsible for doing individual assessments, group sessions, one to one counseling, complete patient documentation in accordance with state regulations and company policies.
Working knowledge of Twelve Step Model required and Motivational Interviewing desired. Seeking part-time and full-time counselors. Starting salary of $18.00 to $23.00 depending on experience.
Both day and night groups are held, willingness to be flexible in shift assignments is desired and rotating emergency on-call phone support for current clients required.
Job Type: Part-time/Full-Time
Salary: $18.00 to $23.00 /hour
- Counsel and advise individuals or groups with substance abuse problems
- Develop and implement individual treatment plans
- Establish treatment goals and milestones with clients
- Prepare progress reports and letters for relevant parties
- Educate families and groups on substance abuse treatments and prevention programs
- Facilitate referrals to other healthcare or counseling professionals
- Previous experience in counseling, social work, or other related fields
- Experience in conflict resolution
- Compassionate and caring demeanor
- Ability to build rapport with clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills