We are seeking a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (Dual Degree with Adult Gerontology or FNP preferred) who can evaluate/assess if patients are appropriate for treatment (drug resistant depression, anxiety, PTSD, Suicidal ideation and possibly Chronic Pain). And also do medication management for new psych patients seeking med management. -excellent opportunity for supplemental income. Part time
1. Have earned a Master’s Degree in the field of Nurse Practitioner in Psychiatry from an accredited program.
2. Hold an active, professional license, in good standing, to practice in the State of Kentucky.
3. Adhere to laws and regulations, including any Code of Ethics, as issued by the State Board for employee’s respective field of practice.
4. Must have an unrestricted DEA license and a collaborating Physician.
5. BLS/ACLS certification preferred.
1. Provide respectful and compassionate care to all patients.
2. Review the Health History Questionnaire, screening tools, and medical records of referred patients to determine whether patient is an appropriate candidate for ketamine infusion therapy.
3. Administer Screening tool scales to every patient before initial infusions, and intermittently throughout the course of treatments, monitoring for levels of depression and aggregating data for tracking and research purposes.
4. Interview and assess each patient throughout the course of treatment, monitoring for levels of depression and aggregating data for research purposes, in accordance with treatment protocol.
5. Document in patient’s medical record all pertinent and/or therapeutic communication with the patient, the patient’s mental health provider, the patient’s family, and the treatment team within a reasonable amount of time.
6. Perform chart audits upon request and participate in peer review upon request.
7. Maintain communication with patient’s primary care and primary mental health provider, and with our health team, regarding patient’s treatment and mental health status.
8. Using all tools and measures at your disposal or created to improve outcomes.
9. Communicate and collaborate with Consulting Physician and Medical Director as needed, to determine the best and safest treatment route for every patient.