Group Facilitator (Part-time)
Serenity Community Services
Under the supervision of the Clinical Director the Group Facilitator is responsible for facilitating evidenced-based psycho-educational classes and support groups aimed at reducing incidences of child and adult maltreatment and strengthening families.
- Carries out mission, vision, and values established by the C.E.O.
- Participates in ongoing outreach and recruitment of class and group participants from funded programs and from the community
- Facilitates weekly psychosocial classes and support groups which align with CORE program goals
- Communicates with class and group participants as needed before or after class times
- Completes required paperwork and all note submission thru company computer program in a timely manner
- May perform other duties as directed by the Clinical Director
- BA/BS in one of the following fields: Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy,
- Psychology, Counseling, or another Mental Health field
- Training in family therapy, adult psychotherapy and developmental psychology Knowledge of dynamics of child abuse
- Two (2) years experience leading psychoeducational/psychodynamic groups or classes(preferred)
- Experience/Certification in facilitating Substance Abuse groups and/or Domestic Violence groups a plus
- Good verbal and writing skills
- Must have the ability to nurture respectful relationship with clients must be
- Must be sensitive to the clients cultural and socioeconomic characteristics.
- Must be able to maintain effective working relationship with staff, clients families, and
- representatives of other community agencies self-motivated and good organizational skills
- Sensitive to the cultural needs of the population served
- Computer proficient