Direct Support Professional (DSP)
Serenity Adult Care Homes, Inc. Adelanto, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $14 to $16 Hourly
*SERENITY ADULT CARE HOMES, INC* . is looking to add new members to our team. Our team is fun, and dedicated to making a difference every day in the lives of the people we serve. The heart of what we do is provide support and serve individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities of all ages. Starting pay is $14.00.
Responsibilities - *Direct Support Professional Job Responsibilities*
Direct Support Professionals/Care Providers are responsible for performing personal care tasks for the individuals with special needs.
* Assistance with basic personal hygiene and grooming, feeding and ambulation, medical monitoring, and health care related tasks.
* Fostering positive relationships between individuals served and their house mates.
* Ensuring client safety and maintaining a safe environment. Assisting with toileting, including bedpans, urinals, and commode chairs.
* Reminding/assisting client with self-administration of medications (with proper training)
* Encouraging self-help activities. Reporting changes in client’s condition or family situation to the office.
* Documenting services provided.
* Performing home management functions such as light housekeeping, laundry, bed making, and cleaning.
* Planning meals, shopping for groceries, preparing and serving food/meals, feeding, and clean-up.
* Accompanying client to scheduled appointments.
* Transporting clients or running errands for clients.
Qualifications - *Direct Support Professional Job Requirements*
* 18 years of age or older
* High school degree/GED
* Valid driver's license
* Live Scan Background Check
* CPR/First Aid Certificate
* Health Screening & TB Test
* Ability to work in home-like settings
* Ability to communicate (verbally and written) with all levels of personnel, internal and external
* Ability to handle physical aspects of job, including bending, stooping, lifting, pushing, pulling, reaching, and walking for periods of time, and be able to lift 50 pounds with or without assistance.
Bring your passion for making a difference to our team! While experience in providing services and support to individuals with intellectual, cognitive, and developmental disabilities is helpful, it is not required; we will provide training. Don’t miss this opportunity to start a rewarding and fulfilling career!
We are looking forward to reading your application.
By applying to this job, you agree to receive periodic text messages from this employer and Homebase about your pending job application. Opt out anytime. Msg & data rates may apply.
Serenity Adult Care Homes, Inc.
Personal CareView all jobs at Serenity Adult Care Homes, Inc.