- The Mid-level Technician, AV Installations works on a team supporting cabling, equipment and C4ISR system installations.
- This position pulls, terminates and dresses Category 6A and Fiber Optic cabling.
- Installs and documents IT equipment, cable conveyance, antennas and supporting systems.
- Performs assignments that are not completely standardized or prescribed.
- Selects or adapts standard procedures or equipment, using fully applicable precedents.
- The Mid-level Technician, AV Installations receives initial instructions, equipment requirements, and advice from supervisor or engineer as needed; performs recurring work independently; work is reviewed for technical adequacy or conformity with instructions.
- Communications rack and supporting systems installation.
- Installation of overhead or under-floor cabling, including removal and replacement of raised floor tiles.
- Installation of patch cabling for interconnecting IT equipment.
- Installation of ceiling, raised floor or wall conveyances.
- Installation of specialized command and control equipment.
- Use of lifts, ladders and appropriate safety equipment during installations.
- May troubleshoot and correct malfunctions.
- Follows specific layout and scientific diagrams to construct and package simple devices and subunits of equipment.
- Conducts various tests or experiments which may require minor modifications in test setups or procedures as well as subjective judgments in measurement; selects, sets up, and operates standard test equipment and records test data.
- Extracts and compiles a variety of engineering data from field notes, manuals, lab reports, etc.; processes data, identifying errors or inconsistencies; selects methods of data presentation.
- Assists in design modification by compiling data related to design, specifications, and materials which are pertinent to specific items of equipment or component parts.
- Develops information concerning previous operational failures and modifications.
- Uses judgment and initiative to recognize inconsistencies or gaps in data and seek sources to clarify information.
- May require shift work.
- This position supports a U.S. Government Contract whose terms require Serco to staff it only with U.S. Citizens.
- Applicants must have Active Secret Clearance. Top Secret preferred.
- Applicants must successfully complete background investigation and drug screening
- Valid state issued driver's license.
- Requires High School diploma required and 5+ years of experience.
- Preference given to candidates with current BICSI ITS Installer 2 Copper or Fiber certification (or equivalent) and CPR certificate
Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc. Serco serves every branch of the U.S. Military, numerous U.S. Federal Civilian Agencies, the Intelligence Community, the Government of Canada, State and Local Governments, and Commercial Clients. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently, while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, Serco has approximately 6,000 employees with an annual revenue of $1 billion and is part of a $4 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. At Serco, our employees are our most valuable asset, and our success directly relates to our employees. At Serco, we listen, respect and support our employees and through continuous training, development and information-sharing, we advance talent internally, enhancing career growth and progression which enables not only our employees to excel but enables our customers to excel as well. It is not just a job at Serco; at Serco, we offer career opportunities. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco''s people share a passion for delivering ethical service, innovation, and a commitment to results. We trust our people to deliver. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).
Click here to apply now
Work Location US-NE-Offutt AFB
Category Information Technology
Position Type Full-Time
Security Clearance Secret