- The Shore Installation ISP 2 (AV/Installation) Engineer has primary responsibility to ensure consistency in the installation processes for all Audio Visual (AV) equipment installed in a new Command and Control (C2) facility.
- Responsible for the design, development, implementation, and analysis of technical products and systems.
- Performs engineering design evaluations.
- May develop a range of products.
- Recommends alterations to development and design to improve quality of products and/or procedures.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of complicated tasks.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- May report to an executive or a manager.
- Ensures consistent appearance and finish quality in keeping with industry best practices.
- Working member of the AV/Installation teams, keeping close track of progress and assisting the installation teams as required.
- Maintains the accuracy of installed cabling and consistency of labeling during the installation process.
- Adheres to all relevant guidance documentation.
- Oversees and leads the installation teams, providing technical direction and providing quality assurance checks on the workmanship of the teams.
- Reviews the Installation Design Package for each system being installed, interacts with the appropriate project engineer should ambiguity exist in the drawing package and assures strict adherence to designs and industry best practices.
- Delivers a completed installed space, with all installation materials removed, equipment properly mounted and cabling installed, tested, dressed and neat so that life-cycle sustainment cost is reduced.
- May involve work outside of normal duty hours.
- Active SECRET clearance; preference given to candidates holding Top Secret w/ SSBI
- Must have current AVIXA Certified Technology Specialist - Installer (CTS-I) certification
- Three (3) years' experience preparing, conducting and performing PITCOs for information technology systems to include Audio Video systems
- Two (2) years' experience as an engineer on an IT/Communication system installation project with a budget in excess of $100,000 that includes system designed and installed to support classified data transmission and processing
- A demonstrated knowledge/experience with AutoCad - Three (3) years' experience working with testing and measuring equipment to include testing both copper and fiber cables using Fluke test equipment.
- Experience in overseeing the installation and dressing of Audio/Video equipment, cables and cords - Three (3) years' experience as developing shore Installation Design Plans (IDPs) for ISP work in accordance with the SPAWAR Shore Installation Process Handbook including at least two (1) year of experience preparing IDPs for installing equipment to be used to process classified information.
- Three (3) years of experience preparing, conducting, and performing Site-Specific System Operational Verification Tests (SOVTs) in accordance with the SPAWAR Shore Installation Process Handbook or the SPAWAR SOVT Preparation and Execution Guide (SPEG) for Ship, Shore, and Submarine Installations
- One (1) year of experience developing detailed cost estimates for installation projects involving new inside plant cabling infrastructure and new equipment installations - BS degree in electrical/electronic engineering or telecommunication engineering
- Current BICSI Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD) Certification
- Proficient in all aspects of AV installation, including but not limited to: audio, video, network and control system cabling installation, termination, testing and proper cable routing.
- Shore Installation Process Handbook (SIPH) process and deliverable requirements
- Commercial and military standards that govern inside plant (ISP) communications equipment, cabling, and electrical wiring installations
- Shore Installation Process Handbook pertaining to SPAWAR shore installations
- Safety standards / requirements
- Read / interpret installation design and drawings
- Principles behind electrical power circuit design and electrical safety
- Principles behind the design of Internet Protocol (IP) networks
- Accurately estimate the type, quantity, and cost of resources required to implement shore installation designs
- Accurately estimate the time required to complete both installation designs and installation implementations.
- Know how to properly operate a testing and measuring equipment
- This position supports a U.S. Government Contract whose terms require Serco to staff it only with U.S. Citizens
Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc. Serco serves every branch of the U.S. military, numerous U.S. federal civilian agencies, the intelligence community, the Government of Canada, state and local governments, and commercial clients. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently, while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, Serco has approximately 6,000 employees with an annual revenue of $1 billion and is part of a $4 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. At Serco, our employees are our most valuable asset, and our success directly relates to our employees. At Serco, we listen, respect and support our employees and through continuous training, development and information-sharing, we advance talent internally, enhancing career growth and progression which enables not only our employees to excel but enables our customers to excel as well. It is not just a job at Serco; at Serco, we offer career opportunities. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco's people share a passion for delivering ethical service, innovation, and a commitment to results. We trust our people to deliver. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).
Our Serco C5ISR team is working with the Naval Information Warfare Center (NIWC) to design and install mission critical Audio/Video (AV) and Information Technology (IT) systems in the build-out of a Command & Control Facility (C2F) for the U.S. military at Offutt AFB, NE. Serco's work supports the maintenance and enhancement of mission operations and communications systems used by U.S. military personnel for various strategic missions. This is an opportunity to work alongside dedicated colleagues doing critically important and rewarding work. We take pride in providing the highest quality service to our U.S. military customers. Serco's C5ISR programs provide the latitude to learn and develop through meaningful experience. Our passion for making a difference everyday has resulted in Serco being named Forbes 'Best Large Employer.' Our current C5ISR opportunities include: - Potential incentive pay options - Competitive salary & benefits package - Temporary Duty (TDY) assignment options with travel, per diem, and accommodations included - Permanent transfer options with relocation packages included
Click here to apply now
Work Location US-NE-Offutt AFB
Category Information Technology
Position Type Full-Time
Security Clearance Secret