- $218,400 Yearly
Serco is Hiring Architectural Historians to support of the Federal Emergency Management Agency Public Assistance recovery initiatives in Zone 2 across the Midwest. The Architectural Historians will consist of professional and non-professional personnel to provide support to state, tribal, territorial local governments, and some private non-profits. Serco strives to provide support quickly and efficiently to FEMA’s mission by helping those effected by man-made and natural disasters.
This position is contingent upon your ability to obtain/maintain/transfer a DHS Clearance.
This position is contingent upon customer requirements and/or their approval.
In this role, you will:
- Conduct site inspections and ensuring that any proposed project actions comply with environmental,
floodplain, and historic preservation laws, regulations, and executive orders
- Conduct environmental assessments and environmental impact statements
- Review and analyze professional architectural/engineering reports and designs or as-built plans
- Thoroughly document analyses in writing
- Develop scopes of work, including related code and standard requirements
- Validate applicant-provided scopes of work, including related code and standard requirements
- Develop and review cost estimates
- Advise FEMA staff on the technical validity of claims presented under FEMA’s arbitration process
- Should arbitration hearings occur, you will testify as an expert witness on FEMA’s behalf
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- 2 years minimum of prior Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Public Assistance (PA) experience
- A Master's degree in architectural history (or related field); OR a Bachelor's degree in Historic Architecture (or related field) plus at least two years of full-time experience in research, writing, or teaching in American architectural history or restoration architecture with an academic institution, historical organization or agency, museum, or other proffesional institution; or substantial contribution through research and publication to the body of scholarly knowledge in the field of American architectural history
- 1-2 years of experience in Historic Architecture related site inspections of Large Commercial Construction infrastructures
- 1-2 years of experience in Historic Architecture in any of the following eligible types of work:
- Restoration of Roads, Bridges, Water control Facilities, Buildings, Equipment, Utilities, Debris Removal, Schools, Churches, Parks and Recreation Centers
- The ability to obtain and maintain FEMA Public Trust
- A United States Citizenship
- The ability to obtain and maintain FEMA specific trainings
- Microsoft Office Skills
- The ability to deploy to any location in zone 2 with a 24–48-hour notice after Task Order Award
- Zone 2 includes Arkansas, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, New Mexico, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Wisconsin, and Wyoming
- The ability to go on 6–12-month deployments at a minimum
- Experience and comfortability using a Smart Phone
- The ability to work independently, in a team environment and under stressful conditions with tight deadlines
Additional desired experience and skills:
- PE, PWS, CWB, NCARB or comparable
- Knowledge of the FEMA Public Assistance Program/Policy
- Trained in the new Public Assistance delivery model is preferred
- Active FEMA badge
If you are interested in supporting and working with our FEMA efforts, then submit your application now for immediate consideration. It only takes a few minutes and could change your career!
In compliance with state and local laws regarding pay transparency, the salary range for this role is $62,400.00 to $218,400.00; however, Serco considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate's work experience, education/training, and key skills.
Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc. In North America, Serco’s 9,000+ employees strive to make an impact every day across 100+ sites in the areas of Defense, Citizen Services, and Transportation. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Serco serves every branch of the U.S. military, numerous U.S. Federal civilian agencies, the Intelligence Community, the Canadian government, state, provincial and local governments, and commercial clients. While your place may look a little different depending on your role, we know you will find yours here. Wherever you work and whatever you do, we invite you to discover your place in our world. Serco is a place you can count on and where you can make an impact because every contribution matters.
To review Serco benefits please visit: https://www.serco.com/na/careers/benefits-of-choosing-serco. If you require an accommodation with the application process please email: email@example.com or call the HR Service Desk at 800-628-6458, option 1. Please note, due to EEOC/OFCCP compliance, Serco is unable to accept resumes by email.
Serco does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies without being a contracted approved vendor. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Serco and will not be obligated to pay a placement or contract fee. If you are interested in becoming an approved vendor at Serco, please email Agencies@serco-na.com.
Serco is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Serco North AmericaHerndon, VA
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.