The Entry Level JR. Inside Sales Representative is responsible for generating leads, advancing the sales process, closing new business and achieving/assisting in the achievement of opportunity-based sales quotas. The Inside Sales Representative will conduct research to identify leads and reach business targets through telephone, email, webinar and in person at trade shows. This individual will also actively participate in the planning and execution of company marketing activities providing vital input based on his/her interactions with prospects.
• Cold-call prospects that are generated by external sources of lead.
• Develop sales opportunities by researching and identifying potential accounts.
• Identify decision makers within targeted leads to begin sales process.
• Penetrate all targeted accounts and radiate sales from within client base.
• Collaborate with appropriate team members to determine necessary strategic sales approaches
• Create and deliver qualified opportunities to other team members
• Maintain and expand the company’s database of prospects.
• Ensure follow-up by passing leads to appropriate team members with calls-to-action, dates, complete profile information, sources, etc.
• Set up and deliver sales presentations, product/service demonstrations, and other sales actions
• Assist in creating RFP responses to potential clients.
• Knowledge in International Transportation and import / export procedures & incoterms
• Provide support for logistics operations with routes, quotes, updates for inbound / outbound shipments reports
• Track, trace and expedite inbound shipments
• Interact with carriers and 3PL for domestic outbound shipments
• Complete packing list and truck bill of lading accurately.
• Where necessary, support marketing efforts such as trade shows, exhibits, and other events.
• Make outbound follow-up calls to existing clients via telephone and email cross-sell and up-sell.
• Handle inbound, unsolicited prospect calls and convert into sales.
• Overcome objections of prospective customers.
• Emphasize product/service features and benefits, quote prices, discuss credit terms, and prepare sales order forms and/or reports.
• Enter new customer data and update changes to existing accounts in the corporate database.
• Attend periodic sales training where applicable.
• Appropriately communicate brand identity and corporate position.
2-3 years logistics / transportation experience; Proven ability to problem solve; Must be able to multi-task; Excellent attention to detail.
Spanish or Chinese speaking is a huge plus.