Registered Nurse RN Full Time
- Posted: over a month ago
We are hiring Registered Nurses who renders direct or indirect resident care services that ensure the safety, comfort, personal hygiene and protection of residents; includes the performance of disease prevention and restorative measures. If you enjoy partnering with people and are excited about the opportunity to make a difference every day, then this might be for you!
What You Will Do:
- Maintains the standards of nursing care and implements the policies and procedures of the facility and the nursing department and maintains compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Assesses and documents the resident's condition & nursing care needs. Updates & maintains resident care plans.
- Plans resident care activities based on the Plan of Care and continued assessment through participation in the Interdisciplinary Team.
- Provides direct care in accordance with the prescribed medical and nursing treatment plans.
- Functions in a supervisory capacity in the absence of the Nursing Manager. Responsible for the supervision of the team's nursing assistants and LVNs.
- Functions as an advocate for the resident and his or her family by supplying and interpreting information, supporting decisions, and facilitating communication.
- Functions as Charge Nurse as assigned by DNS by overseeing skilled nursing facility support services (food service, housekeeping and laundry, maintenance, security).
- Completes reports including but not limited to, assessment, intervention implementation, physical and chemical restraint reduction, falls, weight change, dietary and pharmacy considerations, medical needs, and behavior stamps for physician review; communicates results and implementation programs to appropriate personnel.
- Additional responsibilities as needed.
Why Work Here:
- $46.00 – 57.00/hr.
- We have medical and dental coverage or pay a cash stipend if you are covered on another plan. Life Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Emergency Relief Fund, and much more!
- We offer on the job training and professional development opportunities.
- We offer tuition and/or fee assistance for qualified programs.
Who You Are:
- You enjoy working with people and have interpersonal skills.
- You can use tact and courtesy in dealing with residents under sometimes trying conditions. You can show patience and understanding.
- You like your days do be varied, can handle a fast-paced environment, and don’t mind working under pressure.
- Current California nursing license and Basic Life Support certification. Previous gerontological nursing experience. Two years consecutive experience in field of nursing immediately prior to application.
Who We Are: Founded in 1958, Sequoia Living is a Bay Area-based nonprofit organization dedicated to providing older adults with stimulating, joyful living environments and services that support and enrich their lives. Throughout our six decades as a nonprofit serving Bay Area seniors, we’ve learned the importance of connection and collaboration when it comes to providing resources for healthy aging. From our continuing care retirement communities (CCRCs) to safe affordable housing, engaging senior centers, and a purpose-filled volunteer program, we provide friendly environments where people can explore and discover what it means to grow stronger, wiser, and more joyful.
Sequoia Living is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
AddressPortola Valley, CA
HealthcareView all jobs at Sequoia Living