Sequoia Financial Group is a growing Registered Investment Advisor (RIA), headquartered in Northeast Ohio, offering financial planning and wealth management services. At Sequoia, we exist with a singular purpose: to enrich lives. Our values define how we behave and guide us through the pursuit of our purpose to enrich lives. At Sequoia, our core values are:
- Teamwork. We work selflessly to enrich the lives of our clients and our community.
- Passion. We relentlessly pursue our full potential.
- Integrity. We act in the best interest of others.
Summary of the position
We seek a motivated, self-starting, passionate team player to join our firm in the role of Executive Assistant to the CEO/President of the firm. This position will provide administrative support to the CEO/President and to a team of Financial Analysts who are responsible for managing the needs of a dynamic and rapidly growing client of the firm. While having strong, proven administrative experience is important for this role, the cultural fit is a critical factor in identifying the right candidate. This is a unique opportunity to work closely with the firm’s CEO/President and a team who is supporting a visionary business leader and will have the opportunity to help them extend their reach and effect change through their multiple businesses, personal investments and philanthropy.
Below are the primary responsibilities for the position but the needs of the team and the client will be dynamic and change frequently. Special projects will also be assigned based on the client’s needs. This position offers flexibility in work hours, schedule and location but will require availability outside of normal business hours.
- Preparing financial statements, reports, memos, invoices letters, and other documents.
- Answering phones and routing calls to the correct person or taking messages.
- Maintaining relationships with key personnel within strategic partnerships and clients.
- Researching and conducting data to prepare documents for review and presentation by boards of directors, committees, and executives.
- Helping prepare for meetings.
- Accurately recording minutes and follow up items from meetings.
- Using various software, including word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software and CRM system.
- Making travel arrangements for executives.
- Opening, sorting and distributing incoming emails, and other correspondence.
- Provide general administrative support.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 8 years proven experience as an executive assistant or other relevant administrative support experience
- In-depth understanding of entire MS Office suite
- Ability to organize a daily workload with dynamically shifting priorities
- Must be able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced quickly changing environment
- A proactive, client service approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills
- Professional level verbal and written communications skills
- Salesforce experience
A successful candidate will possess the following skills:
- Active Learning -Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Active Listening -Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Critical Thinking -Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Monitoring -Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Speaking -Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Writing -Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Sequoia Financial Group