The Telemedicine Clinical Therapist is responsible for providing behavioral health services through video conferencing software. Diagnose individuals and counsel individuals, families or groups regarding psychological and/or emotional problems, including cognitive, affective, behavioral, substance abuse and family situations. Develop and implement therapeutic treatment plan in medical setting. Apply psychotherapeutic theories and techniques in the delivery of services to individuals, families and/or groups for the purpose of treating such diagnosed mental or substance abuse disorders.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Provide mental health and/or substance abuse services to consumer as prescribed in treatment plan.
- Monitor results of treatment and consumer's adjustments to determine effectiveness of treatment.
- Discuss progress toward goals with consumer.
- Maintain case files by documenting sessions and treatment, including progress notes, activities, evaluations, and recommendations.
- Observe consumer to detect indications of abnormal physical or mental behavior and substance abuse issues.
- Consult with Clinical Director or other specialists concerning treatment plan in order to analyze individual cases and coordinate counseling services; and amend plan as directed.
- Change method and degree of therapy when indicated by consumer reactions.
- Interview consumer, using techniques such as testing, interviewing, discussion, and observation, to obtain information concerning medical history and other pertinent information.
- Develop, implement and administer individualized therapeutic treatment to assist consumer in controlling disorders and other problems.
- Review results of tests to evaluate consumer needs.
- Refer consumer to supportive services to supplement treatment and counseling.
- Confer with clients to develop plans for post treatment activities.
- Write evaluations of consumer for use by courts and testifying in court, if necessary, after receiving a court order and consulting with supervisor.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conducts conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Relationship Building - Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
- Conflict Resolution - Ability to deal with others in an antagonistic situation.
- Empathetic - Ability to appreciate and be sensitive to the feelings of others.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
- Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Strategic Planning - Ability to develop a vision for the future and create a culture in which the long range goals can be achieved.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Master's Degree in one of the following fields: Social Work, Behavioral Health, Human Services, Psychology, or Sociology.
Knowledge of basic Microsoft Word processing software and Microsoft Internet Explorer software.
Certificates & Licenses
Licensed or under supervision for licensure in the state of Oklahoma as a mental health professional, including but not limited to LPC, LBP, LMFT, LCSW or LADC.
Proficient conversational English to interact with consumers, family members and the community, both in person and over the phone.