Join A Team Making a Difference in the Lives of Youth and Young Adults!
Now offering higher wages!
Northern Illinois Academy, a Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facility in Aurora, IL, serves youth ages 6-21 who have major mental health and/or developmental disabilities. Our 87 bed facility is accredited by the Joint Commission and licensed by the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services.
We are looking for Residential Counselors/Youth Care Workers to provide direct supervision of residents, promote courtesy, dignity and respect, teach daily living and social skills, implement the daily schedule, assist with behavior management and crisis intervention, provide assistance as needed with the completion of activities of daily living (ADLs) and supervise group and recreational activities.
- High School diploma or equivalent. Some college credit is preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Experience supporting individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities, behavioral and/or emotional challenges is preferred.
Compensation & Benefits
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits after 60 days
- Company provided Long-Term Disability
- Company provided Life/AD&D insurance
- Flexible Spending Program/Health Savings Account
- 401(k) after 60 days
- Paid Time Off after 90 days
- Education Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Leave
- DailyPay - a company sponsored benefit that allows employees to access a portion of their base wages in advance of their payday.